Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:52 pm I can not even imagine, working seriously and professional on a tiny 1080p screen. The tracks in your DAW, or the mixer alone would be unusable for me already. I would get mad. Come on, a new monitor cost only nearly as much as Avenger
24" 1080p is hardly tiny, man. It may not be the latest and greatest, but c'mon...

https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resol ... 201909-bar

1080 is still the most common monitor size. Lets assume 'other' are all >1080p, it is less than half of the top two combined (1080 + 768). Undoubtedly this will change in time, and i will upgrade at some point, but for some (inc me) upgrades are something I need to save for (because disposable income, etc).

And while musicians are probably more likely to be on the cutting edge, I suspect a good percentage of KVR'ers are hobbists, bedroom producers, etc., who are not leading the charge to 4k.

The problem looking in the other direction is that a *lot* of VST don't offer scalable gfx yet and >1080 they are pretty much unusable.

Rock meet hard place.

:shrug:

Just saying, many bed room producer cannot afford to just buy a new laptop with 4k desktop monitors :D

@neverbeeninariot:
well written, thanks a lot

@DocSnyder:
not only laptop, some still work with desktop, like me
and hard saving money for new CPU+board for the hungry of actual tools like Avenger, Falcon, u-he etc. and then a 4K-screen for reading one of them better... :roll:

problem is there are some nice 4k screens but samsung isnt a good one when you want nice true colours etc. i can recommend DELL and these arent really cheap :)!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

all is temporarily better than a 1080p. These screens are on the market since 10 years, good chance that your Smartphone (!) already has a much higher resolution than this.

antic604 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:21 pm
Rivanni wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:01 am "Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - soon version 1.5.0 for free!"
No wonder I can't get rid of my version 1.4. Nobody wants to pay a low price when the next version is free.
How much are you asking for it? I sold mine few days ago for EUR100 (-EUR31 transfer fee) :(
135 euro. (I'll pay the transfer fee.) Not a bad price for a synth that costs 199 euro.

msvs wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:52 pm yes 1080p is definately the minimum. You can work, but it will start to look gorgeous >100%... 4k screen or something between is definately nicer. And yes, this is the recommended screen size (not the minimum, this is 1080p, which is very possible to work with). I work at 120% for example. I can not even imagine, working seriously and professional on a tiny 1080p screen. The tracks in your DAW, or the mixer alone would be unusable for me already. I would get mad. Come on, a new monitor cost only nearly as much as Avenger https://www.amazon.de/Samsung-U28E590D- ... 153&sr=8-3
Come on!!! Are you asking us to blow our XP money on new monitors.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

msvs wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:28 pm all is temporarily better than a 1080p. These screens are on the market since 10 years, good chance that your Smartphone (!) already has a much higher resolution than this.
Theres still no reason to make GUI that is ONLY suitable for high res screens. Dune 3, Serum, Hive 2, Zebra, Bazille, Spire, Synthmaster 1 and 2 just to name that are resizable but are all complex synths and can be used perfectly fine without an issue on 1080.

The person who thought to limit Avenger by making GUI either had a plan to decrease sales or is a lunatic. :lol: and for f sake, you invest money in to copy protection, but have you ever considered that actually GUI is what turns off people from buying? :tu: I love this synth, but i bought it only after aquiring 1440P screen because on 1080p it was unusable.

msvs wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:52 pmI can not even imagine, working seriously and professional on a tiny 1080p screen. The tracks in your DAW, or the mixer alone would be unusable for me already. I would get mad
I cannot even imagine how high your ego is, because there are plenty of professionals who are using dual 1080p screens and are making money out of their dj/producer profession.

I think the most prominent example of professional 1080p use is those who regularly travel. Many have a solid, powerful laptop that is their main production machine.

In fact, I seem to see a gigantic list of professionals here on Vengeance's site, many of whom regularly tour and make music on-the-go.

Now this may be getting into tin-foil-hat territory, but I don't happen to see any testimonials there mentioning Avenger... 🤔 :hihi:

That last line's mostly in jest. Avenger's a fantastic tool and I love using it. I'm only chiming in because I too fall into the travel-workstation category and would love a little better scaling.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

there are plenty of professionals who are using dual 1080p screens and are making money out of their dj/producer profession
yes and they can continue doing that if they really want. It doesnt matter. I wouldnt do it, especially if its my working area where I make my money. A new screen costs less than a synth. I think priorities are wrong. In my opinion you benefit more of better working conditions. The same goes for the acoustics in your room,your CPU speed and your seat(!). All is more important than having the latest synth. Hey I sell synths... however I am just honest.
All I want to say: Avenger GUI wont change, just because some guys use still 1080p screens. Maybe we find a way one day to make the fonts a bit more sharper, but there wont be a GUI redesign (subpages etc) to make it smaller for sure! Sorry. We have a demoversion, specs screenshots and videos, so anybody can check in advance, if his hardware is modern/strong enough to run Avenger. If not, or he wants a sharper GUI - then indeed: I would rather advise to invest the money in new hardware than in Avenger first.
Last edited by msvs on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yeah, to clarify, the jump to 1.5 will be free and not the synth.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

of course, changed the title to "soon version 1.5.0 for free" to avoid someone is thinking we are giving Avenger away for free, now that we built in the new copy protection :)

Any new ETA on 1.5?

double post
Last edited by msvs on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”