Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

crackershaun wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:23 pm Since it is an 'official' Buchla 'emulation', and NOT a 'tribute' or 'inspired by', the cost may very easily be justified.
exactly!
even if the actual licencing was free, to get the licencing requires a product that reaches a particular quality. that in and of itself costs man hours, which in turn costs the consumer.

Looks like a significant release as you can pretty much build your own Buchla synth in Modular now.

Softube Modular The Tutorials 15 is available now.:
https://youtu.be/BLaFsQBoM5M

This video of more than 1 and a half hours length deals with the wave shapes 1 – 15 of Mutable Instruments module “BRAIDS”. But it´s far more than a simple demonstration of these wave shapes/sounds. The video gives a lot of background information about the wave shapes (the algorithms), as well as how they work “under the hood”. Enjoy your day!
Rolf

Timeline/Content:
0:00:00 Introduction
0:00:20 wave 1: CSAW
0:03:35 wave 2: 1n
0:07:31 wave 3: 1Nn
0:09:38 wave 4: Fold
0:11:52 wave 5: 1111
0:12:43 comb waves
0:13:26 Dirac waves
0:16:08 wave 6: SYNC
0:19:14 wave 7: SYN 1
0:20:10 wave 8: tripple saw
0:20:41 wave 9: tripple square
0:21:16 wave 10: tripple triangle
0:21:58 wave 11: triple sine
0:23:20 pitch quantisation
0:24:12 wave 12: RING
0:40:38 wave 13: seven saw
0:42:50 wave 14: comb-saw
0:44:23 delay lines and comb filtering
0:47:23 tuning delays
0:47:52 delay feedback
0:56:52 wave 15: TOY*
0:59:20 wave 16: ZLPF
1:01:12 waves 17 – 19: ZPKF, ZBPF, ZHPF
1:02:50 wave 20: VOSM
1:03:10 FORMANT synthesis, speech synthesis
1:04:08 VOSIM synthesis
1:06:06 wave 21: VOWL
1:08:08 wave 22: VFOF
1:08:25 Formant Wave Function synthesis
1:09:36 wave 23: HARM
1:11:31 wave 24: FM
1:16:42 wave 25: FBFM
1:19:22 wave 26: WTFM
1:22:37 wave:27 PLUK
1:24:10 wave 28: BOWD
1:27:43 wave 29: BLOW
1:28:27 wave 30: FLUTE and comparing BLOW + FLUTE
1:30:20 wave 31: BELL (a notion of additive synthesis)
1:32:17 The end
1:33:20 The real END
Rolf Kasten
http://www.rofilm-media.net
Instagram: @rofilmmedia

I'm pulling my hair out with this, been trying for the last 3 hours :x

How can I set up a random/S&H modulator on something like MI Clouds' Freeze parameter? Or anything for that matter.

I would have assumed I would insert the DAW Sync module, clock it at say 1/8, and send that to the Trigger In on the Sample & Hold module, which then goes back via the out to Freeze on Clouds.

But no, nothing.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:13 pm I'm pulling my hair out with this, been trying for the last 3 hours :x

How can I set up a random/S&H modulator on something like MI Clouds' Freeze parameter? Or anything for that matter.

I would have assumed I would insert the DAW Sync module, clock it at say 1/8, and send that to the Trigger In on the Sample & Hold module, which then goes back via the out to Freeze on Clouds.

But no, nothing.
Set it up as you were but send a A-118 Noise to your Sample & Hold as well and turn up the level of the Noise until it starts 'triggering' the freeze. So basically like this
https://i.imgur.com/vyAc2uo.png

hardwired wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:55 pm Set it up as you were but send a A-118 Noise to your Sample & Hold as well and turn up the level of the Noise until it starts 'triggering' the freeze. So basically like this
https://i.imgur.com/vyAc2uo.png
Fantastic. Thank-you, Sir.

So essentially the Noise level knob drives the probability of the Freeze. Loving it!

:tu:

Next question: how can I toggle, via DAW automation, the Freeze button in Clouds? It doesn't appear as an option in the automation fields so I then thought about assigning a Performance Switch to it. Nope, that isn't allowable either.

Next next question: The A-147 VCLFO's modulation rate is a combination of the frequency knob and anything connected to the Reset input or so I believe. Is there essentially a Zero setting so that I can have it driven purely by the Reset? At the moment I'm doing it by ear and it doesn't correlate to any logical value (ie, 0, 5, 10).

Man I underestimated this modular stuff. Still enjoying it though.

EDIT: or to put it another way, why isn't my LFO in sync with my track?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Use a sequencer to sync the lfo ?..

hivkorn wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:29 pm Use a sequencer to sync the lfo ?..
I considered that but a) it sounded a bit overkill; and b) it didn't make any difference anyway.

Instead ;) i mean instead

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:16 pm Next next question: The A-147 VCLFO's modulation rate is a combination of the frequency knob and anything connected to the Reset input or so I believe. Is there essentially a Zero setting so that I can have it driven purely by the Reset? At the moment I'm doing it by ear and it doesn't correlate to any logical value (ie, 0, 5, 10).

You gotta think in voltages...
it's all about the volts flowing and how to scale, sync and manipulate them....
even the same in a good software emulation>> emuVolts... :P
but there ain't nothing like the HW... I had a year on VCV, loved it (still use it sometimes) ...
you know you want it.. ;)

I don't have access to my computer atm to check, but if I remember right the cable from the daw sync should go to the LFO's CV in rather than reset (then turn the CV knob up).

The reset in triggers the lfo from its start point (e.g. the start of a saw wave lfo) rather than setting the frequency.

TehOwen wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:10 pm I don't have access to my computer atm to check, but if I remember right the cable from the daw sync should go to the LFO's CV in rather than reset (then turn the CV knob up).

The reset in triggers the lfo from its start point (e.g. the start of a saw wave lfo) rather than setting the frequency.
Thanks. In the meantime I have been watching a few videos and as you say the reset is used for LFO retriggering. However, if I patch the DAW sync into CV it literally does nothing. I can adjust the CV dial all I want and it has no effect.

toonertik wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:08 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:16 pm Next next question: The A-147 VCLFO's modulation rate is a combination of the frequency knob and anything connected to the Reset input or so I believe. Is there essentially a Zero setting so that I can have it driven purely by the Reset? At the moment I'm doing it by ear and it doesn't correlate to any logical value (ie, 0, 5, 10).

You gotta think in voltages...
it's all about the volts flowing and how to scale, sync and manipulate them....
even the same in a good software emulation>> emuVolts... :P
but there ain't nothing like the HW... I had a year on VCV, loved it (still use it sometimes) ...
you know you want it.. ;)
Yeah I'm definitely converted. Hardware will be coming soon(ish) indeed.

Return to “Instruments”