Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

Maybe he is sick like george from Discodsp situation.

If you have some rapport with him Cib it would be much appreciated !

lnikj wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 pm If you have some rapport with him Cib it would be much appreciated !
I´m just a normal customer but i really love(d) P900. For me there is still nothing like it elsewhere. I hope of course not there is a personal drama or bad illness going on but otherwise this behavior is not acceptable.
So time to delete all these P900 demos since i feel bad for praising such a product anymore. It abandoned anyway the one or other way. :roll:

Wow, what a train wreck.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:34 pm Wow, what a train wreck.
Not any more than any other dev that disappears. :phones:

I have found the dev's facebook and linkedin pages. Perhaps you can use this info to try and contact him. If you make any headway please post what you find out here so we all know. :phones:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-janson-0095a11/

https://www.facebook.com/Interwebz.me/t ... 1549484519

Right, I don't know whether pressure here, or the pressure of emails, or the pressure I put on the reseller to pressurise him has done it, but the SSL certificate appears to have been renewed, over two weeks after it expired.

Thanks all. :tu: :party:

It is still, one has to assume, abandonware however.

lnikj wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:40 am Right, I don't know whether pressure here, or the pressure of emails, or the pressure I put on the reseller to pressurise him has done it, but the SSL certificate appears to have been renewed, over two weeks after it expired.

Thanks all. :tu: :party:

It is still, one has to assume, abandonware however.
So you bought it recently and were not able to register it? Using the serial in your account? And now it works?

If so, this is not too bad. It just means you have to accept P900 as-is. That's not too shabby considering that's it's pretty solid. I'd probably buy it at full price if I didn't have it knowing what I know now.

I know how annoying keeping tabs of SSL certs is. I am sure this is a side thing for Peter consdiering he appears to have a full time job and at least one child. I give him a pass on the SSL thing as long as it all works now.

P900 As-is. :phones:

It might be difficult to keep tabs on SSL certs, but not if somebody tells you that yours has expired. If it were my company I would be mortified that I had let customers down in this way, but that's just me I guess.

lnikj wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:53 am It might be difficult to keep tabs on SSL certs, but not if somebody tells you that yours has expired. If it were my company I would be mortified that I had let customers down in this way, but that's just me I guess.
Of course you are have the correct attitude about it. For me, I think the audio software market is a little more rogue than your average "industry" - it's bleeding edge stuff with a lot of players and people trying to make some money off it. The variation in the risks to the user/customer vary widely. It's not something I can control. But now that I know better, I know that there is going to be abandonware and other undesirable risks. To mitigate, look at track record, look at current-state, price, polices, etc. And even then, a company can go tits-up on you. I have so many examples.... :dog: :phones:

:party: CAVEAT EMPTOR :party:

So if you can buy P900 now, authorize it and use it and accept that it's as-is and that there is some risk the developer might disappear, then gauge that against the price and make a decision. I'd still go for it but I'd totally understand someone who wouldn't. Keep in mind too, that it seems all he needed was a nudge - speculation however. It's complicated!

I agree with that. I picked it in a BF sale and all things being equal would do it again.

It is incredible software and the filters and plate reverb are to my ears unmatched by any other modular.

I bought it in the full knowledge that development has ceased.

However, I did not predict licensing problems. My advice to the dev would/will be to push out one final version with serial activation, because having to maintain C-R is clearly proving too onerous for him, and causes incidents like this.

lnikj wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:09 am [snip...]My advice to the dev would/will be to push out one final version with serial activation, because having to maintain C-R is clearly proving too onerous for him, and causes incidents like this.
Or better yet he should do something with it! Sell it to someone who will give the care it and it's customers deserve. or, repriortitize things to give it more priority. hire someone to manage the business end of it and delegate bug fixes etc - Peter just becomes the dev, and the owner. etc. there are many possibilities. just leaving as it is doesn't do it justice and is a shame. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:17 am
lnikj wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:09 am [snip...]My advice to the dev would/will be to push out one final version with serial activation, because having to maintain C-R is clearly proving too onerous for him, and causes incidents like this.
Or better yet he should do something with it! Sell it to someone who will give the care it and it's customers deserve. or, repriortitize things to give it more priority. hire someone to manage the business end of it and delegate bug fixes etc - Peter just becomes the dev, and the owner. etc. there are many possibilities. just leaving as it is doesn't do it justice and is a shame. :phones:
:tu: :tu:

I also hoped for more modules and whatever but could live with it for the next decade as is if it just works and i could always license it again (or at least get a message if it finally will close down for whatever reason).
For me also the best filters, plate reverb and also by far the best (polyphonic)saturation in any software for me so far...at least the most musical. Then, the envelopes are fantastic as well and some more.
Please sell it to Apple so that i get it with Logic 10.6 or 10.7 with MPE. It is already mac and AU only. :)

This is a shame because this was one of the best software emulations. But it does provide yet another reason why I have lost interest in software.
<List your stupid gear here>

plexuss wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:45 am That's not too shabby considering that's it's pretty solid. I'd probably buy it at full price if I didn't have it knowing what I know now.
I *really* love the way it sounds, but it's certainly not "pretty solid" for me on a mac+ableton live setup. It kills ableton live completely with alarming regularity, and the pretty important function of being able to name patches doesn't work in some hosts (developer aware/confirmed for all the good that does!).

I tend to build patches in logic as it's more stable in that for me, and naming works there. A pain, but worth it for the sound.

Return to “Instruments”