Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

What’s the story with the dev again? Have they commented on the bugs or potential updates? Or have they been silent? I thought I heard he has another full time programming job.

that old chestnut

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:59 am What’s the story with the dev again? Have they commented on the bugs or potential updates? Or have they been silent? I thought I heard he has another full time programming job.
Yes, he told me he is busy as a senior developer or so elsewhere.
In the meantime jamming around with P900 :D :
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... s-and-pads

Cinebient wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:53 pm In the meantime jamming around with P900 :D :
nice... too bad P900 doesn't work in my DAW...

pdxindy wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:07 am
Cinebient wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:53 pm In the meantime jamming around with P900 :D :
You mean because of AU only i guess.
Yeah, it‘s sad. I also always wonder how long it will work. It still works fine on the latest macOS and Logic so far for me but i hope if something breaks the developer will fix it.
I just can‘t live without P900 anymore. :D

Cinebient wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:01 am
pdxindy wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:07 am
You mean because of AU only i guess.
Yeah, it‘s sad. I also always wonder how long it will work. It still works fine on the latest macOS and Logic so far for me but i hope if something breaks the developer will fix it.
Yes, I use Bitwig more than Logic.

Also, it is a fair bit of time investment with such a modular synth to really learn it well, the sweet spots etc. Even if I was primarily using Logic, I would hesitate. Who knows how long it will last.

I very much like its sound character. Guess I'll just have to enjoy it through listening to your sound snippets! :tu:

I'm now using it from VCV, wrapped in Plogue Bidule, wrapped in VCV's new VST host.

Cinebient wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:01 am ........
You know it very well.
Love your sound example above
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:35 pm
Cinebient wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:01 am ........
You know it very well.
Love your sound example above
rsp
Yes. Maybe the synth i know better than all my other now since i really felt in love.
What the sound examples can´t show is how great i find it to perform. It reacts so nice to nuances and velocity and it is the most organic feeling virtual synth for me. Also beside Repro the only one with a great polyphonic distortion/saturation. But on high resonance P900 is much much better and more musical to me. The harmonics this thing can create at are so nice for me. It also sounds even more awesome if you add FX. It´s like it always plays so well with my favorite FX plug-ins since the source is so pure organic to me and everything on top will nuance it even more.
Of course i still like the included FX as well. Still best reverb inside a synth i heard yet and the BBD is nice dirty and analog as well.
By far my favorite filter section as well.
If it will continue to work at it is i can live with it but a shame that the sampler module and the "make your own GUI" thing won´t come as well as major updates and windows and/or VST as well as an iOS port.
I also like to sample it as sound source for some nice effects. It´s after Sculpture my favorite synth as sample source to import into hybrid synths.
I still have hope that some day there will be a surprise and it gots a bug update with some new modules.
That is some awesome DSP this guy made and i hope he don´t let it die.

Oh and i also like the weird side of P900 :)
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... -resonance

Herewith we declare
CINEBIENT
as the the true and honored Ambassador of PULSAR900!
May the force be with him!
:clap:

Caveat emptor

Their licensing server has now been down for a week - expired SSL certificate.

I had neglected to move my license off a MBP that I was returning as faulty, and only noticed when I tried to activate it on another machine.

After several attempts to contact the dev I did get a response after 4 days that my activations had been reset but nothing has been done about the server.

So,if you buy this product at the current time (it is still for sale) then you will be unable to licence it.

Just checked their homepage:
for me everything worked...

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:39 pm Just checked their homepage:
You attempted to licence your copy of p900 by entering your serial on a new machine?

lnikj wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:20 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:39 pm Just checked their homepage:
You attempted to licence your copy of p900 by entering your serial on a new machine?
No, I visited their product page and my account and everything was okay.

Return to “Instruments”