Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

Cinebient wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:17 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:05 pm Yes. You're a Mac user. Hence not normal :x :P :) i kid ofc :D
:ud: Yeah....what else can i do when my 2 favorite synths are on mac only (they make about 90 % of my synth use these days, another 5 % are some iOS apps and the rest 5% goes to all my others plug-in synths).
Have you had a course with Marie Kondo?
Very well streamlined arsenal of synths, I guess...

I just have so many synths but after all the time there are just a few which really ticks with my brain. So while others might do not like the sound of P900 at all there is really something which bounds me to it. Kind of organic feeling while i tweak it and it can do nice hard but also soft sounds, especially in combination with the saturation and higher resonance. I just start to explore it more and more. Hard to explain but there is something that feels alive in it (means it also can get out of control....but in a musical way for me). It also can create my favorite string and organ sounds. Maybe not as real as Hauptwerk or the just released Organteq of course but there is still something more organic as in my other synths with the right combo of resonance, saturation and last but not least the really fantastic sounding included BBD-Delay and plate reverb modules.
F.e. the same preset just tweaked slightly different within a minute or so....hard and soft :evil: :hug:
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... d-and-soft
Not the best presets yet but from a small church organ (well, not really realistic here and lacks low end here but that can be added too of course too) to a medium and a bigger one.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... rch-organs

I especially love P900 for its wonderful (polyphonic) saturation. Another thing is even if i turn oversampling off (you can choose between off, 2X, 4X and 8X) and use it at 44.1 Khz it sounds more musical in many ways as most other synths i own when i add audio rate modulation and turn up the saturation on top.
Sometimes i like it even more without any oversampling since it introduce some extra noise which to my surprise also has a kind of more musical effect rather than an unpleasing noise i get out of other synths if i drive them too far. Man it it so sad that the developer add not some more modules or makes other music software. I would die for P900 in the FX channel......
Here some semi-organic saxophone like sounds. Same preset with slightly changed timbre here (5 variants).
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... e-variants
And 2 polyphonic variants...
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... y-variants

paraphonic

veloheinz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:29 pm paraphonic
No, it has real 4 or 8 voice polyphonic. Here i just used 1 OSC anyway :)
(beside another one as modulation source).

No !

veloheinz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:33 pmNo !
Well, yes. It is a polyphonic synth. Fact.

P900 is the only true analog emulation,
but only mono.

veloheinz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:50 pm P900 is the only true analog emulation,
but only mono.
Sorry but what are you talking about. It is mono/legato AND has a 4 voice and 8 voice mode which is as polyphonic as all my other synths since each voice gets it´s own filter and amp envelopes if you want, also polyphonic LFO via OSC is no problem. Even the saturation is per voice (as the developer said here also).
So where the hell is that a mono synth only?
It is simple as that...behind you play something like 4 or 8 synthesizers where only the normal LFOs, S&H and FX are summed. Everything else is per voice as in every other poly soft synth.
From the manual:
"The P900 also supports fully polyphonic configurations in either 4-voice or 8-voice mode. There’s quite a structure under the hood to make this possible in a free form modular environment. In order to mimic the behavior of classic polyphonic synthesizers, certain modules must run in a ‘global space’ such that they are perfectly in sync for each voice. Currently, this applies to the 924 LFO and the 928 S&H modules. What this does is to make it possible to program the kinds of modulations that exist on classic polyphonic synthesizers, where LFOs and some other shared functions are global in nature and are located on the motherboard instead of in each voice card. Secondly, it simply sounds better for most uses.

However, since the 921-B oscillator also can function as an LFO, it is still possible to get non- synchronized, per-voice modulation."

It makes me crazy,
but most polys are not polys,
soft AND hardware!
OBERHEIM OBX

veloheinz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:20 pm It makes me crazy,
but most polys are not polys,
soft AND hardware!
OBERHEIM OBX
Then maybe you could explain how it should react as a real poly synth.
Most polys are not poly? As far as i understand shares a paraphonic synth all voices with one filter and amp envelope and usual if you have 4 OSC you could have 4 paraphonic voices etc.
Sorry, i just do not get it. Like i said, P900 is as poly as my other poly soft synths like Repro-5, Dune 3, Zebra, Alchemy, Icarus, i have a 4-voice polyphonic Moog on my iPhone and 100 others.
So what exact do you mean. I really just want to understand you. Do you own and use P900?

6 times mono is poly,
not 6 voice!

veloheinz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:32 pm 6 times mono is poly,
not 6 voice!
Well but that is what most soft synths do in the background (beside a few exceptions and mostly the FX as well). Like each voice is a copy of the whole synth.
You also could just use 6 instances of a mono synth in most DAW and trigger them via splitted midi channels. Like you connect several hardware mono synths.
At the end.....P900 is POLYPHONIC!!!!!!!
If you use 8 voice you have 8 independent amp/filter envelopes, filter....etc. Only LFO, S&H and FX modules are not polyphonic.
Well, i give up. In software land it is so easy to make REAL 32X or whatever mono synth anyway if you like. But that is NO poly synth but a multi-mono synth for me then :)
For me it is simply a true analog poly would have individual osc's, filters, and amps PER VOICE and that is all in P900.
Just have fun and enjoy whatever....
Last edited by Cinebient on Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The end.
clone my voice,
it is not polyphonic.

veloheinz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:49 pm The end.
clone my voice,
it is not polyphonic.
Lol you are so mono..... :wink:
99% of all synths are false marketing as poly and you are the only one get it.
You are indeed so mono....

Return to “Instruments”