StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

Lotuzia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:31 pm
bob swans wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:59 pm
So after some further investigations, please try the following :

1/ If Live 10 asks if you want to 'import Tempo and time signature' answer : NO. If you answer 'yes' the timing will be incorrect.
2/ Seems trivial, but be sure that your grid lock/magnet mode is activated (The mode that make you place the pattern/file/clip at the 1st tick of the beginning of a bar).

With these conditions it does work in a reliable way at Xils.
Before I start submitting stuff to Xils support can anyone else test this "Fix"
I am not even being prompted by Live to "Import tempo and time signature"
When I try Drag and drop with another VST (Addictive Drums 2) that would normally
ask "Import time and tempo signature" I'm still not getting the prompt
but AD2 exports without issues.

TBH I didn't think Stix would ask to "Import tempo and time sig"
because its automatically slaved to host tempo isn't it??

Any help is appreciated
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

bob swans wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:50 pm
Lotuzia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:31 pm
bob swans wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:59 pm
So after some further investigations, please try the following :

1/ If Live 10 asks if you want to 'import Tempo and time signature' answer : NO. If you answer 'yes' the timing will be incorrect.
2/ Seems trivial, but be sure that your grid lock/magnet mode is activated (The mode that make you place the pattern/file/clip at the 1st tick of the beginning of a bar).

With these conditions it does work in a reliable way at Xils.
Before I start submitting stuff to Xils support can anyone else test this "Fix"
I am not even being prompted by Live to "Import tempo and time signature"
When I try Drag and drop with another VST (Addictive Drums 2) that would normally
ask "Import time and tempo signature" I'm still not getting the prompt
but AD2 exports without issues.

TBH I didn't think Stix would ask to "Import tempo and time sig"
because its automatically slaved to host tempo isn't it??

Any help is appreciated
I found this :

By default, when importing a midi file with tempo information Ableton will issue a prompt asking whether or not I want to import the tempo map. I must have previously ticked "don't show this message again" and so didn't get the message when I imported the files.

Under Settings/Look And Feel there is an option to "restore "don't show again" warnings". I clicked that, re-imported the midi file, got the prompt asking if I wanted to import the tempo map, clicked "yes" and hey presto!

Source : https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=225196

This might explain why you do not get the message, and can't test the fix :?:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Might have found a bug (reproduced on macOS 10.13.6 with Live 10.0.6 and MuLab 7.7.4):

- Add StiX to a track. Select "BD". Make sure being on Easy Edit Page
- Pull "Level" control up to max.
- Press C on midi keyboard to trigger the BD a few times
- Observe how drum level gets less (button rotates to left)

I tried StiX CM 1.02 and it doesn't happen with this version. Also works with "Snare" and "Perc1" for example

Lotuzia wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:56 pm I found this :

By default, when importing a midi file with tempo information Ableton will issue a prompt asking whether or not I want to import the tempo map. I must have previously ticked "don't show this message again" and so didn't get the message when I imported the files.

Under Settings/Look And Feel there is an option to "restore "don't show again" warnings". I clicked that, re-imported the midi file, got the prompt asking if I wanted to import the tempo map, clicked "yes" and hey presto!

Source : https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=225196

This might explain why you do not get the message, and can't test the fix :?:
So the reason I was not getting the prompt is that I'm and idiot and didn't realise that Ableton
only ask's when you drag into ARRANGE VIEW, I was dragging into Clip view.
I have tested with Addictive Drums 2, WA Drumvolution, Microtonic 3 and StiX drag and drop
and StiX is still causing the same issue while the others work fine in both Clip and Arrange views.
I have also just updated to Live 10.0.6

I will contact support over the weekend :tu:
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

I forgot to post the differences between the new and old version :
StiX 1.5 New features :

1/ Sequencer/Mixer articulation : 9 Choke Pairs
2/ Compressor on the stereo bus (inspired by Dbx design)
3/ Time dividers for the 3 envelopes (Factor range 1 to 4)
4/ Noise has it's own filter now : LPF/HPF with cut-off and Resonnance
5/ Noise direct out option : Bypass main filter
6/ Sample Direct out option : Identical to above
7/ Sample Start position offset
8/ Sample reverse mode
9/ Sample name on mouse over
10/ LFO One Shot Mode : Combined with phase reset mode.
11/ New matrixes targets : Noise Filter Cut-off and Q (4 matrixes including step mod)
12/ 475 new presets (total is now approx 2500 presets) + new demos and tutorials
13/ Updated manual with a lot of examples and practical cases.
14/ The now famous :wink: Drag'n'Drop pattern to Daw
15/ Not mentioned in Xils newsletter : The Preset Manager has been polished and enhanced

Reminder : Free for all StiX v1.0 users

I'll cover some of the new features more in depth in the future. If some of you have questions -howto, why, etc- about these new functions, just post here I'll try to answer the best I can.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Some new global presets added in v1.5. Focus has been mostly set this time on pure analog/fm etc drum kits, including vintage ones, and more standard/less adventurous beats, wich a lot of users have requested, for a more balanced overall library.

Some Stix 1.5 global presets

Notes : Stereo output only, no separate outputs version used. No additionnal external processing. Patterns chained live using midi KB

According to their homepage, version 1.5.1 "beta" has been released today.
Version 1.5.1 (Beta February 5th):
* Midi control for sequencer Start and Stop issue: fixed
* Audio Unit StiXMulti: Loud noise when launching a lot of voices has been fixed
* Drag'n Drop pattern on Midi tracks: fixed.

Yes, this is a quick fix. Drag'N'Drop Pattern to Daw should now work OK. Probably for all systems/daws etc combos.
You can also drag'n'drop the entire song arrangement btw.
A few other things were fixed as well.

Some StiX 1.5 presets Undressed/Dressed ( 1rst only drums, then with other instruments)

StiX 15 Dressed/Undressed

I can see StiX is 99 euro on the XILS website.. I just nearly bought it for £129 here

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... /2460-StiX

:o :o :o

Might try the demo tomorrow night when I'm home on the music computer. I'm a sucker for drum machines but the StiX demos sound great.

Rob

@rob
Or get a copy of Computer Music to try it...
I recently got a Beatstep and obnoxious little Neutron.. first thing I did was hook them up with the StiX...
lovely union .. played very well together ))))
The StiX is a bit more than just a drum machine... it is also one crazy little noise/sound machine...
after all the years just using the CM version this is very very tempting offer.

rob_lee wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 pm I can see StiX is 99 euro on the XILS website.. I just nearly bought it for £129 here
that's brexit for you :shrug:

toonertik wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:40 pm @rob
I recently got a Beatstep and obnoxious little Neutron.. first thing I did was hook them up with the StiX...
The StiX is a bit more than just a drum machine... it is also one crazy little noise/sound machine...
Yeah I had planned to use one of my Beatstep Pro's with StiX.. can you tell me if you can generate audio of each channel and export/drag the wave form in your DAW? Example would be Sonic Academy Kick where I make a nice Kick then generate and export it? That'd be a cool feature if StiX could do that.
Either way I like the sound and think I'll get it I'm just not on my mac right now I'm using my sisters nightmare windows laptop lol

Rob

vurt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:44 pm
rob_lee wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 pm I can see StiX is 99 euro on the XILS website.. I just nearly bought it for £129 here
that's brexit for you :shrug:
I voted OUT mate I want a no deal Brexit :tu: :lol:

rob_lee wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:54 pm
toonertik wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:40 pm @rob
Yeah I had planned to use one of my Beatstep Pro's with StiX.. can you tell me if you can generate audio of each channel and export/drag the wave form in your DAW? Example would be Sonic Academy Kick where I make a nice Kick then generate and export it? That'd be a cool feature if StiX could do that.
Either way I like the sound and think I'll get it I'm just not on my mac right now I'm using my sisters nightmare windows laptop lol

Rob
oooerrr... sister's laptop... oooerrrr... what crap/sensitive stuff lies within. I would not even go near any of my ex_GF's or wives handbags >> utter fear of the unknown.

The CM is not multi channel.. I have just DL the ilok demo and will give it a try later... alternative would be to record it???

Return to “Instruments”