UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Demoing isn’t only about sound (even if of course it’s paramount), it’s also about CPU and workflow.
No demo nor possible refund while ilok protected is non-sense.
Too bad, I’d happily try Falcon and eventually buy it.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

I have a problem. The slicing in Falcon...why are the slices are all dark gray? You can barely see it. Is there anyway to make the slice markers darker?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

The zero crossings line is similarly very hard to see. My current most annoying gripe is that clicking sample start S always drags out loop start instead. Grrr. Still though, I love this synth. Definitely my fave, just needs a wavetable editor and a little ui love.

Wavetable editor in Falcon... yeah this is my dream :pray: Usually I don’t create wavetables from scratch but I’m really missing the option to edit existing ones. Sometimes I need to use Serum just for that.

I know that it is pretty complex task for UVI developers but we’re talking about one of the most successful ultimate synth on earth, right? Please, UVI, make Falcon more ultimate with that feature :hug:

The most direct way of getting to sound is going to list, then clicking the plus on keygroup (or layer).

In .3 update the keygroup, although created, is not shown In the list until you click in the empty area.

Dombaeb wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:56 pm Wavetable editor in Falcon... yeah this is my dream :pray: Usually I don’t create wavetables from scratch but I’m really missing the option to edit existing ones. Sometimes I need to use Serum just for that.

I know that it is pretty complex task for UVI developers but we’re talking about one of the most successful ultimate synth on earth, right? Please, UVI, make Falcon more ultimate with that feature :hug:
I sympathize because a truly great wavetable editor is a sophisticated project on it's own I'm sure. But it really is necessary.

As a former Kawai k5000 owner I'm also underwhelmed by the additive editor but that's for another time ;)

Dillinger wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:50 am The most direct way of getting to sound is going to list, then clicking the plus on keygroup (or layer).

In .3 update the keygroup, although created, is not shown In the list until you click in the empty area.
I'm not seing this here, I'm on Mac, are you on Windows?

Beware: Falcon version 2.03 - I just almost blew my new ADAM speakers after inserting the LowPass 24 filter into a patch as it started to produce very loud THUMPS which occurred several times until I deleted the plug-in from the Logic session - then I started a new test patch to reproduce it and the loud thump happened again. Really dangerous...

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:19 pm
Dillinger wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:50 am The most direct way of getting to sound is going to list, then clicking the plus on keygroup (or layer).

I'm not seing this here, I'm on Mac, are you on Windows?
This was on my windows machine.

And thanks for the heads up on the LP on the Mac but not seeing this on the PC, these kind of things can damage your hearing as well.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:12 pm Beware: Falcon version 2.03 - I just almost blew my new ADAM speakers after inserting the LowPass 24 filter into a patch as it started to produce very loud THUMPS which occurred several times until I deleted the plug-in from the Logic session - then I started a new test patch to reproduce it and the loud thump happened again. Really dangerous...
thanks for the heads up.

Anyone going for Vintage Vault 3?
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

me

Of course.
In contrast to how Steinberg treats its customers I not only got a 80,00 voucher from UVI a few days ago but also can upgrade to VV3 for just 29,00

How that? I suspect you have more than VV2 - my upgrade price vom VV is 199... Also, where did that voucher come from? Can you enlighten us somewhat?

Vouchers are in your user account - I got 20 loyalty ( Can use on anything) and 60 of VV3 (at an offer price of 16O). I’ll probably pass on VV3 as I have everything other than the new stuff and I am not really interested in that for 100E.

More interested in a synth anthology 3 update!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”