UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

And just a tip: use the unison or unipolar unison modulator also on filter cutoff, tiny values will generate a nice filter spread - or use it on phase e.g. in the analog stack osc.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:22 am
c_voltage wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:10 am
SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:26 am I'm not sure what that even means.
What is the source of the modulation?
Heh, damn maybe i really understood wrong something :lol:
The source is modulator called "Unison" (that placed in: Add modulation\ (External) Other\ )
SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:26 am if you mean using the Stereo Unison mode and go to "other" modulations on the pan in the keygroups, it makes a huge difference here.
Yes, exactly this (the stereo unison effect) i mean. And it not works (no any changes in stereo field) if i put Unison modulator to exactly the Pan knob of keygroup 8)
Some other modulators from "Other" folder of external section - yes, does changes (for example Organ Pan, Random), but not the Unison module.
Just make a test for yourself, create 3 keygroups with 3 different oscillator types, set layer unison to 3 voices, select all 3 keygroups and add the unison modulator assigned to panning, set it to full modulation range, you will now hear that it works as expected.
I did ! All the same - not works :lol: Damn, ok, maybe i will make short video for showing what i doing. I have feel that i really do wron something. (But i do all exactly as described - nothing more). This is strange.
EvilDragon wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:24 am You need to have the unison modulator at layer pan knob if you're using layer level unison feature, I think.
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:48 am
EvilDragon wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:24 am You need to have the unison modulator at layer pan knob if you're using layer level unison feature, I think.
No, not at all, it has to be on keygroup level because the keygroups get panned, not the layers.
Moreover - the Unison modulator is lack in dropdown list of modulators of Pan knob in Layer level. 8)

Here i upload video: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5lwzww0gz ... d.mp4/file
(Sorry for mono audio in file, but i add pan analyzer to master, so you will good see what occurs).

Link is broken.

on the phone I pressed play multiple times n it plays..lol...like the C64 sounds to start with...got to get falcon ..haha
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:40 am Link is broken.
Hm, strange, it works\downloads for me, tried just now in two different browsers.
Some mystical thing do not want that i use Unison modulator it seems :lol:
Maybe in some countries mediafire site just banned or like that.
And if that ? :

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5lwzww0gzmcucpj/f2_unison_mod.mp4/file
(just copy\paste to browser)

It worked now, you didn't do what I suggested though, use 4 different oscillator types so you can actually distinguish the panned sounds, I suggest to edit this in tree view otherwise you're not seeing what you're actually editing per keygroup.

And for the analog osc you don't need layer unison anyway as it has its inbuilt unison spread.

But I understand what you mean now, you're correct in spotting that unison pan spread only works in conjunction with unison pitch spread, otherwise the signal always remains mono. I never noticed that in 4 years of Falcon...I'll ask on the Beta list what the devs think about it.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:28 am It worked now, you didn't do what I suggested though, use 4 different oscillator types so you can actually distinguish the panned sounds, I suggest to edit this in tree view otherwise you're not seeing what you're actually editing per keygroup.
No no, i tried with 4 different oscillators too (before, and result was the same), but what difference ? Why it should give different result ? And it seemed to me that more convenience better observe some problem at more simplify example, hm.
Or - Do you do not want to say, that using this modulator at single oscillator give such weak impakt, so it impossible to detect audible nor via analyzer ?
Ok i make another video, with 4 different oscillators.
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:29 am And for the analog osc you don't need layer unison anyway as it has its inbuilt unison spread.
Sorry, i just want understand the principle of working this modulator, i know that there is built in spread. It could been any generator, just analog quickly fell under the arm.

EDIT: Oh you already replied else during i wrotes this message.
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:37 am But I understand what you mean now, you're correct in spotting that unison pan spread only works in conjunction with unison pitch spread, otherwise the signal always remains mono. I never noticed that in 4 years of Falcon...I'll ask on the Beta list what the devs think about it.
Glad that finally we understood each other :D
So, maybe bug even

I asked on the Beta list, let's see what the devs have to say.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:57 am I asked on the Beta list, let's see what the devs have to say.
Ok good !

About the Unison voices modulator, it seams to be link with the oscillator phase :
Ini a new layer, load an Analog stack osc, make it free phase running via the list Tree, add a unison bi polar modulator to the key group pan or to the osc pan : it works.
( only if the phase is free running)
If you want to have a kind of unison distribution controls, you can use the modulation mapper, set the size = to your unison voices count. Clearly powerful:)
Best
YY

c_voltage wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:06 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:22 am
c_voltage wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:10 am
SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:26 am I'm not sure what that even means.
What is the source of the modulation?
Heh, damn maybe i really understood wrong something :lol:
The source is modulator called "Unison" (that placed in: Add modulation\ (External) Other\ )
SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:26 am if you mean using the Stereo Unison mode and go to "other" modulations on the pan in the keygroups, it makes a huge difference here.
Yes, exactly this (the stereo unison effect) i mean. And it not works (no any changes in stereo field) if i put Unison modulator to exactly the Pan knob of keygroup 8)
Some other modulators from "Other" folder of external section - yes, does changes (for example Organ Pan, Random), but not the Unison module.
Just make a test for yourself, create 3 keygroups with 3 different oscillator types, set layer unison to 3 voices, select all 3 keygroups and add the unison modulator assigned to panning, set it to full modulation range, you will now hear that it works as expected.
I did ! All the same - not works :lol: Damn, ok, maybe i will make short video for showing what i doing. I have feel that i really do wron something. (But i do all exactly as described - nothing more). This is strange.
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:48 am
No, not at all, it has to be on keygroup level because the keygroups get panned, not the layers.
Moreover - the Unison modulator is lack in dropdown list of modulators of Pan knob in Layer level. 8)
The unison modulator is a sweet feature...

Whywhy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:34 pm About the Unison voices modulator, it seams to be link with the oscillator phase :
Ini a new layer, load an Analog stack osc, make it free phase running via the list Tree, add a unison bi polar modulator to the key group pan or to the osc pan : it works.
( only if the phase is free running)
If you want to have a kind of unison distribution controls, you can use the modulation mapper, set the size = to your unison voices count. Clearly powerful:)
Hmm, yes, really works. Thanks for tip (btw i not knew that in tree there is some additional parameters that not presented in UI of device, that fun).
But unfortunately, you understand that it not exactly solution (or rather, not answer to question. And in simple Analog osc there is no "free running" checkbox).
About mapper in Unison mod - yes i knew, good feature.

Return to “Instruments”