UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

quilys wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:55 pm it doesn't save the parameters of the effects ... WTF?
Did check just now - all fx params saved\reloaded ok. :uhuhuh:

machinesworking wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:33 pm MachFive3
Btw, what interesting, i recently blew dust from M53 user guide (such big 250 pages book with small font, what i got from previous user), and was surprised that many instrument moments better described here. While in Falkon's pdf manual some details\modules not described at all, for some reason. For example, the principle of working modulator "Unison" fromn the external section. I not found info about it in pdf. And can only guess what else.
But, frankly to say, that info about Unison anyway not get ansver why when i put Unison to the "Pan" in keygrop - nothing occurs (unison voices in the Layer section set to bigger than 1 respectively), and only if i put the same Unison to Oscillator's Pitch - modulation for panorama start working. Wanted to figure this logic, please.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:05 pm
machinesworking wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:33 pm MachFive3
Btw, what interesting, i recently blew dust from M53 user guide (such big 250 pages book with small font, what i got from previous user), and was surprised that many instrument moments better described here. While in Falkon's pdf manual some details\modules not described at all, for some reason. For example, the principle of working modulator "Unison" fromn the external section. I not found info about it in pdf. And can only guess what else.
But, frankly to say, that info about Unison anyway not get ansver why when i put Unison to the "Pan" in keygrop - nothing occurs (unison voices in the Layer section set to bigger than 1 respectively), and only if i put the same Unison to Oscillator's Pitch - modulation for panorama start working. Wanted to figure this logic, please.
I'm not sure I follow you there? I haven't fired up M53 in forever but plan on doing it soon.

It converts every sampler format almost, unlike Falcon. Always wondered why UVI didn't add that ability to Falcon?

@machinesworking Well, i'm really not see sense still use M53, just remembered about his good book. Various formats do not need me, frankly to say. Additionally, i remember that in last times of m53 using i found issues that causes potential crash (details can found in very begining of this thread AFAIR, because the same issues was migrated\founded in fresh borned Falcon, and qiuck fixed almost immediately, that especially fun, considering that Motu can't did this by years). So, absolutely no desire to go back.

Can someone that owns Falcon tell me if you can FM a sample like in Ableton's sampler?

Lucastyle wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:04 am Can someone that owns Falcon tell me if you can FM a sample like in Ableton's sampler?
Nope

Lucastyle wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:04 am Can someone that owns Falcon tell me if you can FM a sample like in Ableton's sampler?
You can FM a wavetable.

Cross-FM was one of the most requested features for version 2.0, maybe next time.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:46 pm
quilys wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:55 pm it doesn't save the parameters of the effects ... WTF?
The user probably saved presets on oscillator or keygroup level and not on program level. If you want FX parameters to be saved, save presets at program level. Or he/she setup a multi program and didn't save that.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:03 am
c_voltage wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:46 pm
The user probably saved presets on oscillator or keygroup level and not on program level. If you want FX parameters to be saved, save presets at program level. Or he/she setup a multi program and didn't save that.
Yes, i supposed that too. (because first attempt during my checking i made exactly described fault hehe)

Simon btw can you explain this:
c_voltage wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:05 pm why when i put Unison to the "Pan" in keygrop - nothing occurs (unison voices in the Layer section set to bigger than 1 respectively), and only if i put the same Unison to Oscillator's Pitch - modulation for panorama start working.
?

c_voltage wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:38 am Unison to the "Pan" in keygrop
I'm not sure what that even means.
What is the source of the modulation?

Edit: if you mean using the Stereo Unison mode and go to "other" modulations on the pan in the keygroups, it makes a huge difference here.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:26 am I'm not sure what that even means.
Heh, damn maybe i really understood wrong something :lol:
The source is modulator called "Unison" (that placed in: Add modulation\ (External) Other\ )
SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:26 am if you mean using the Stereo Unison mode and go to "other" modulations on the pan in the keygroups, it makes a huge difference here.
Yes, exactly this (the stereo unison effect) i mean. And it not works (no any changes in stereo field) if i put Unison modulator to exactly the Pan knob of keygroup 8)
Some other modulators from "Other" folder of external section - yes, does changes (for example Organ Pan, Random), but not the Unison module.

c_voltage wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:10 am
SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:26 am I'm not sure what that even means.
Heh, damn maybe i really understood wrong something :lol:
The source is modulator called "Unison" (that placed in: Add modulation\ (External) Other\ )
SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:26 am if you mean using the Stereo Unison mode and go to "other" modulations on the pan in the keygroups, it makes a huge difference here.
Yes, exactly this (the stereo unison effect) i mean. And it not works (no any changes in stereo field) if i put Unison modulator to exactly the Pan knob of keygroup 8)
Some other modulators from "Other" folder of external section - yes, does changes (for example Organ Pan, Random), but not the Unison module.
Just make a test for yourself, create 3 keygroups with 3 different oscillator types, set layer unison to 3 voices, select all 3 keygroups and add the unison modulator assigned to panning, set it to full modulation range, you will now hear that it works as expected.

You need to have the unison modulator at layer pan knob if you're using layer level unison feature, I think.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:24 am You need to have the unison modulator at layer pan knob if you're using layer level unison feature, I think.
No, not at all, it has to be on keygroup level because the keygroups get panned, not the layers.

Return to “Instruments”