iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Just got around to do downloading this.
It is fantastic!
I can't believe we are lucky enough to get something of this quality for "free."
One of the very few VIs where I actually like the presets.

Not quite as pleased with the purchase I made to get it. I got the Kork M500 kontakt instrument by Tronsonic for $8. It's not bad. They did a great job sampling it and the GUI is great too. It's just that they did an even better job with the video demo and my expectations where a little too high. Ultimately it is probably just something I didn't need. I should have got one of the even cheaper Audiothing libraries.
Oh well, it's only 8 bucks. Iris 2 alone is easily worth 10 times that.

metaside wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:25 am Afaik iZotope hasn't put much recent work into any of their creative plugins apart from the newest one, VocalSynth. Breaktweaker, Trash, StutterEdit, Iris - all good plugins waiting for updates imho.
That's a reason why IRIS2 has been high on my wishlist for quite a while but I never bought it. I bought a Tone Empire saturation plugin at plugin boutique recently and was delighted that I got Iris2 for free.
Last edited by nichttuntun on Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

I like Iris 2 very much. But I can't create a single patch from scrath, that sounds good and I tried it a lot. I think, I will never learn to programm this synth. Thank god there are many good patches included.

Here's a decent tutorial
https://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech ... pad-629924
Google "iris 2 synth tutorial", you'll get plenty. It's crazy there's so many tutorials out there for it, this nearly 100 page thread, many great reviews, all the users from massive sales/giveaways and they aren't even teasing an Iris3.

Hi.
I can´t find the dll - location. The installler only let´s you choose the Sample Library location folder but not the plugin folder. I read the manual and the help files on iZotope HP and the dll isn´t in the descripted location. I use Windows. Can you help me out? Thank you.

SOLVED,
the location can be chosen with the VST2 installer. I used the VST3 installer.

P.S.
the bashing on Simon here is a complete riddle to me. Relax please.

I just realised there's a tonne of content with this that I missed after installing, only saw it as I was running Product Portal to check for updates and a bunch of libraries have now appeared for download since installing Iris

Iris 2 bug?

Put an envelope on the filter, then add the mod wheel to the filter = the envelope modulation goes away.

Anyone try this? Happens every time. :scared:
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Dozens of people who got Iris 2 for free have sent e-mails asking why my subscription is not for free, as in “the car didn't cost me nothing so why should I pay for the fuel“ - whoever wants some fresh Iris 2 sounds just contact me via the patchpool website an I'll provide a 25% discount on the annual subscription. If you decide after a year to not renew the sub, you keep all the sounds and there is no further obligation.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:49 pm Dozens of people who got Iris 2 for free have sent e-mails asking why my subscription is not for free, as in “the car didn't cost me nothing so why should I pay for the fuel“
Hehe, that's a good point. :)

Anyway, i don't understand the attitude. Iris 2 will continue to be sold, as far as i can see. Eventide gave away UltraChannel as well at some point, after that it's been sold for 199 €, and it's still being sold for that price now, i think... apart from that, it really doesn't matter whether or not the base product is free. As long as the developer doesn't strictly prohibit using the synth for commercial preset, or music production, i don't see the issue. A lot of people use Synth1 for commercial music, for example. Unfortunately, i more and more realize the self-entitled and narcistic attitude myself, for example when i sell on Ebay. Had a guy offering me a lousy price for some plugins the other day. Shortly after that, i sold the plugins for the price i asked for, no problem, no complaints.

chk071 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:09 pm Had a guy offering me a lousy price for some plugins the other day. Shortly after that, i sold the plugins for the price i asked for, no problem, no complaints.
I had a guy win the bidding for a guitar pedal I was auctioning on ebay then wanted to cancel the transaction because the 'price was too high'. I felt sorry for him being so dumb so didn't argue.

:?

Back in the days, people paid what they had to pay, didn't argue, and didn't try to lowball you with ridiculous prices either. How the times changed.

"Back in the days" is a f**ked up term, today it's either free or discounted by 99%

chk071 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:30 pm :?

Back in the days, people paid what they had to pay, didn't argue, and didn't try to lowball you with ridiculous prices either. How the times changed.
Sure.. :lol:

So I finally installed Iris 2 as I got it for free (like most of us?) through Pluginboutique. I haven't read the manual yet but let me know if this is correct:

We have a really comprehensive modulation section (5 LFO's and 5 Envelopes + helpers).. yet only 12 destinations to actually modulate, in the whole synth???. And 4 of those are the effects and another 4 are basic gain and panning. So basically the only real "synthesis" parameter is the master filter pitch tuning? Seriously? That's it?

Surely I must be missing something here.. or is this thing 100% only about the samples loaded and the non-realtime static "drawing" of the frequency areas? :?:

Unless I'm missing something, this might very possibly be the most simplistic "wannabe complex" synth in the world.

EDIT: Ok, the modulators can also modulate their own and each others parameters but what's the point when there are so few "master" parameters to modulate? The manual states that there are over 100 destinations but I for sure can't find them. They probably just count each of the 4 oscillators separately and desperately try to add up the parameters.

EDIT2: LOL!!! It's utterly ridiculous how comprehensive the modulation system is considering how few synthesis destinations there are! This is literally an almost state-of-the-art modulation system built for a synth with basically 5 parameters. Gain, Pan, Pitch and Filter (cut + reso). That's it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never in my life have I encountered such a weird combination of complexity and simplicity. Very strange synth. Wonder what the guys designing this were smoking.
Last edited by bmanic on Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

i've heard Iris 2 referred to as a "re-synthesizer" before, as opposed to an actual synth
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Return to “Instruments”