iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

I wasn't using the files from Izotope. They were short files but maybe it's the wav file type that it doesn't deal with well. I also get a lot of files that won't load; research suggested it is that Ableton has some sort of disable on copyrighted samples so you can't them into this or that plugin (had same problem with Harmor at times).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

The extra content is only samples, not patches, right? I downloaded a ton of content through the Product Portal but it only shows up as samples. Based on some of the comments here I was expecting a bunch more patches as well, but I guess I misunderstood. :oops:

They are presets as well. Check your locations.

There are presets but only based on the core factory content for version 2, the extra samples are all the samples from the preset content that formed paid addons for version one, but they messed up compatibility so it won't properly load version 1 presets so they bunged in the samples without the presets, shafting those of us who had invested money in the addons

When I installed it, I remember few presets (really few) but then when I downloaded the libraries (add-on) and installed them, I noticed the presets has increased. So, I thought the add-on adding also presets. Maybe I missed something at first. Anyhow, I didn't have version 1.

yellowmix wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:17 am Yeah, it's fine to mix them in. It doesn't distinguish them from the factory files. Why would you need to? Do you intend to distribute your own Iris 2 patches and library in the future? Or make it easier to back up your patches? Just make a patch folder for yourself and if you want to distribute make sure not to use any of the HG samples, they are named distinctly enough.
Thanks
To distinguish them was only so I will know where they originated.
But this is not that important I suppose.
Ok I will include the Homegrown files with the Izotope.

Thanks for the link. I meant like what patches and samples are in each library.

I think I basically have the trial version installed now from what I've gathered.

The issue I'm having now is when installing the add-ons, I get a prompt that the installation folder already exists.

The folder installation location by default is Iris 2. The next subfolder is Sound Libraries and then Patches and Samples is in the Sound Libraries folder.

What I'm wondering is if I install is it going to replace everything in the Iris 2 folder? Or, will it just add to it?

Also, is Iris 2 the correct folder or Sound Libraries?

I couldn't find any good installation instructions online.

The Iris 2 Sound Library
Instructions for downloading the full Iris 2 Sound Library.

When you first install Iris 2, the product includes only a small sampling of Iris 2's 11 GB of patches and audio samples. To get the full experience of the Iris 2 Sound Library, please download and run the installers below after you have purchased and authorized Iris 2.

The installers are broken into two groups:

The Core Content installer includes an additional 300+ patches and their complementary samples.

The Sample Library installers contain samples in 7 different sample categories: Abstract, Environments, Instruments, Objects, Synthesizers, Toys, and Voice. (this sample libary content is the 11GB of sample content referred to on the product page. There are no additional presets included here. In addition, these samples are unlocked and can be used in any sampler)
Last edited by zzz00m on Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Yep that's what you get

zzz00m wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:26 pm The Iris 2 Sound Library
Instructions for downloading the full Iris 2 Sound Library.

When you first install Iris 2, the product includes only a small sampling of Iris 2's 11 GB of patches and audio samples. To get the full experience of the Iris 2 Sound Library, please download and run the installers below after you have purchased and authorized Iris 2.

The installers are broken into two groups:

The Core Content installer includes an additional 300+ patches and their complementary samples.

The Sample Library installers contain samples in 7 different sample categories: Abstract, Environments, Instruments, Objects, Synthesizers, Toys, and Voice. (this sample libary content is the 11GB of sample content referred to on the product page. There are no additional presets included here. In addition, these samples are unlocked and can be used in any sampler)
:tu:

Ok. It seems to be installing correctly to the Iris 2 folder. The pop-up saying the folder already exists was kinda throwing me off.

Thanks for the information

It looks like I got all the libraries installed. It's saying 10.3 GB though and not 11.

djmino02 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:08 pm It looks like I got all the libraries installed. It's saying 10.3 GB though and not 11.
My Iris 2 Library contains 12.9GB. But since I have mixed in a couple of 3rd party libraries, I cannot say what my initial install size was.

djmino02 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:08 pm It looks like I got all the libraries installed. It's saying 10.3 GB though and not 11.
10.3 GB here (just installed today).

I guess you could ask for a refund?

Return to “Instruments”