iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:00 pm
jethrobull wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:34 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:18 pm Iris is dead and buried and no chance of resurrection or reincarnation.
Well, perhaps reincarnation by another developer. :lol:
Hmmn, seems to be working fine for me. What problems are you having?
I should have added that it dead but its ghost is alive and thriving and making great music. :clap:
Now that's more like it! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

I don't know where all this "Iris is dead" is coming from. It's like Iris was one of The Beatles...

Windows 10 and too many plugins

I just got Iris2 free from plugin boutique ... along with Trash2 (via Novation). Nice one iZotope :)

I haven't started reading the manual yet, but my guess it's like Harmor's resynthesis engine but with four layers, right? But unlike Harmor, we only able to have samples as sound source. Anyway, I need to read the manual to be sure.
If my initial thoughts are correct, then I think it's mostly useful if I load my own samples. Not sure how far I can manipulate them. Let's read and see ;)

Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:47 pm I don't know where all this "Iris is dead" is coming from. It's like Iris was one of The Beatles...
Ok, it is not dead
It has been abandoned by its Creator. :lol:
How sad! :cry:

Kalamata Kid wrote:Ok, it is not dead
It has been abandoned by its Creator. :lol:

It's not dead. It's pining :tu:

It is cool. But on my machine (gen 2 i-5), on Ableton Live 10, it takes a minute or more to load wav files that I drag into it, and it crashes sometimes. Takes a good while to get four samples going. Others have same experience?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

If you go to Add-Ons in your Account, you should find the Iris content downloads there.
Thanks! My library was definitely coming up short as I had expected. My library size is currently 210 mb.

Now I'm just wondering what exactly I do have. Maybe just the Core Content???

Anybody know if there's a list of what is in each of the "add-ons" for Iris 2???

These are the libraries:
Abstract
Environments
Instruments
Objects
Synthesizers
Toys
Voice

Why don't you make an account and download them?

djmino02 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 pm
If you go to Add-Ons in your Account, you should find the Iris content downloads there.
Thanks! My library was definitely coming up short as I had expected. My library size is currently 210 mb.

Now I'm just wondering what exactly I do have. Maybe just the Core Content???

Anybody know if there's a list of what is in each of the "add-ons" for Iris 2???
https://www.izotope.com/en/account/addons/iris.html

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:42 pm It is cool. But on my machine (gen 2 i-5), on Ableton Live 10, it takes a minute or more to load wav files that I drag into it, and it crashes sometimes. Takes a good while to get four samples going. Others have same experience?
What size are the samples, and what type of drive are they stored on?

I put my samples from the 11GB sample addons set onto a secondary internal SATA 7200 rpm HDD, and the samples load in a second or so. That is using a 3rd gen i-3 (desktop) on Ableton Live 10.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Is it wise to add the third party Patches and Samples to the existing Izotope Iris Pathes and Samples folder?
How would then distinguish them?
Make two sub-folders Izotope and Homegrown and insert the Patches and Samples folders to the appropriate folder?

Yeah, it's fine to mix them in. It doesn't distinguish them from the factory files. Why would you need to? Do you intend to distribute your own Iris 2 patches and library in the future? Or make it easier to back up your patches? Just make a patch folder for yourself and if you want to distribute make sure not to use any of the HG samples, they are named distinctly enough.

Return to “Instruments”