iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Fantastic synth this is. Imagine if it was on a yearly update cycle like other Izotope stuff. It would be insanely feature rich by now.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

It is already insanely feature rich... I still have not explored it completely... If it doesn‘t break in future OS upgrades, I‘ll have years of joy with it...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:43 am It is already insanely feature rich... I still have not explored it completely... If it doesn‘t break in future OS upgrades, I‘ll have years of joy with it...
That’s what people said by about Ozone v5. Yet they continued to add tonnes of new stuff with each update.

I believe they’ve vastly improved the sound quality for the spectral editing in current versions of Izotope RX. All that could lead to improved sound quality in Iris if they ever decide to update.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Iris 2 is free with any purchase at pluginboutique till Aug. 31. So I guess I'll finally join the Dead Plugins Society ^^

for $14.99 you can get Loom II and Iris 2 at PB, if you don't own either, an absolute steal.

GoldieK wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:47 pm for $14.99 you can get Loom II and Iris 2 at PB, if you don't own either, an absolute steal.
Two abandoned products for the price of one :D

As opposed to paying several grand for an original MiniMoog, which was abandoned 40 years ago. If it works, who cares that it is no longer in active development? Did you throw out your Massive license when Massive X was released? After all, it is now officially abandoned. It's an absurd way to look at things.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

GoldieK wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:47 pm for $14.99 you can get Loom II and Iris 2 at PB, if you don't own either, an absolute steal.
Absolutely! I can't wait to get paid so I can make a small purchase from PiB and get Iris 2 for free. Iris has been on my radar for years; I'm glad I refrained from purchasing it in the past. What a nice early birthday gift to myself! :party:

BONES wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:15 am Did you throw out your Massive license when Massive X was released? After all, it is now officially abandoned.
No, because I didn't have a Massive license :party:
BONES wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:15 am It's an absurd way to look at things.
Using the Windows Magnifier to read your plugin GUI because it doesn't support HighDPI well that is an absurd way to look at things :hihi:

No, being stupid enough to fall for the marketing bullshit and buying a "high DPI" monitor and then complaining that everything is too small is absurd on the face of it. Seriously, what's the point of all those extra pixels if everything takes up the same amount of space on the screen anyway? What have you achieved? And what the hell has that got to do with Iris 2?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:55 am [...] what the hell has that got to do with Iris 2?
Don't know, maybe ask your Minimoog :D

krabbencutter wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:45 amUsing the Windows Magnifier to read your plugin GUI because it doesn't support HighDPI well that is an absurd way to look at things :hihi:
Then parhaps use a DAW that fully supports high-DPI screens and plugin scaling?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Having problem saving presets. Keep getting this warning when i try - "Your patch could not be saved. Please make sure your Iris Library location is valid.". I have not changed anything since installing, so I'd assume everything is still set to default locations.

Can't see any reference to this in the manual :scared:

Can anybody help? :tu:

So Iris is dead but it still does these sounds. Fresh off the drawing board:
https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... bsripction

Russell Grand wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:29 am
Absolutely! I can't wait to get paid so I can make a small purchase from PiB and get Iris 2 for free. Iris has been on my radar for years; I'm glad I refrained from purchasing it in the past. What a nice early birthday gift to myself! :party:
the same here...and obviously waiting for LOOM 3..
btw...is there a synth that has similar feel, possibilities to Loom ?? :?:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Return to “Instruments”