iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

will do cheers, will prob jump on the group buy if it picks up somewhat.

zzz00m wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:37 pm
Agree! Already have those too.

Check out the 65 free pad sounds in Gratis IR from Homegrown Sounds: https://hgsounds.com/product/gratis-ir-for-iris/

The wav files are also available for your own use. I believe that they sampled various synths to get the wav files used, so the presets sound rather "synthy", but in an Iris way.

At $29 it seemed too good to pass up after hearing the demos.

Glad I checked it out though, as I noticed that Trash is on sale at $29 too - holy crap that's a fantastic deal too - Trash is an amazing sound shaping tool.
Sweet child in time...

I'm loving this thing, sure kontakt has all this and more but it's all hidden away.
I love the fact that all sound shaping and fx is on one page.

I have been asking for macro style controls for kontakt forever so this fills the gap.

Sure no time stretching is a shame but who can't do that in a flash.

Most definitely the best £20 I have ever spent.

zzz00m wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:12 pm
Still $29 (and less with code GROUP) here: https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-iris
Makes it $41 and some change for the Iris2/Trash bundle using that code.

Just snatched this. It's a lovely, intuitive tool and a steal for $29.

Like others have pointed out, some of Izotopes products have long stretches between updates. Trash is a good example. But some of their plugs have gone away forever. Any other Spectron purchasers out there? :hihi:

I learned on this thread that Breatkweaker is no longer being developed. Ironically I bought Breaktweaker to replace Tremor which has been discontinued, so I guess that's replacing a "no longer supported" with a "no longer being developed." Going to count that one as an upgrade.

Is the group buy still running? I can't see.

It wasn't a group buy, just a temporary sale. The do them few times a year. Sign up for the iZotope email list and although you'll get emails you're not interested in, you'll get the heads up on the next sale, maybe Easter or Memorial Day.

Those who picked up Iris 2 during the recent sale or before can now add some great sounds esp Pads during the Circular Group Buy at HomeGrown Sounds

My favourite is Starburst, the demo is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tr98NwYYAk

Group Buy ends soon
There are some awesome other sounds and free Gratis sounds for Iris 2 included in the Bonus section of the Circular Group Buy at hgsounds.com

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quietzone wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:50 am Picked this up for $24.36 (currently on sale at JRRshop, used code GROUP) and I'm pretty stoked about it!

Was doubting the purchase after reading the discussion here about how unoptimized the preformance is and the lack of updates, but after hearing some demos and for use in sound design, even if it doesn't get updated $24.36 is a steal for this IMO.
I haven't touched it in a while, but it has some nice points. Drawing in the spectral analyzer is cool and I love that it automatically determines the key of a sample. It's something so obvious that most samplers still don't do to my knowledge.

Straight2Vinyl wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:40 pm
quietzone wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:50 am Picked this up for $24.36 (currently on sale at JRRshop, used code GROUP) and I'm pretty stoked about it!

Was doubting the purchase after reading the discussion here about how unoptimized the preformance is and the lack of updates, but after hearing some demos and for use in sound design, even if it doesn't get updated $24.36 is a steal for this IMO.
I haven't touched it in a while, but it has some nice points. Drawing in the spectral analyzer is cool and I love that it automatically determines the key of a sample. It's something so obvious that most samplers still don't do to my knowledge.

Yes, why do not the pro samplers do spectral selection for editing and creativity.
One day spectral selection utilities will be in every top DAW directly on the Spectral track.

I was thinking of starting a thread about the potential of a multi-sample, spectral image selecting, granulating synth with a variety of morphing and blending algorithms. In my novice mind, there is much potential there.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Iris 2 is a very underrated synth. I love the unmatched original sounds that it is capable of making.

Grab the sound bank Luftrum 10 for Iris/Iris 2 for some extraordinary presets. $23.
https://www.luftrum.com/luftrum10/
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Sometimes I wonder why I buy :dog: other synths when Iris 2 offers so much unique workflow.

Surprised that no developer has produced a Spectral plugin similar to the abandoned Iris but more advanced.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

I had Iris 2 loaded up for the first time in ages the other night and I'd forgotten how nice it is to work with. Sounds great, too.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”