iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

On the other hand, could mean an update is in the works... Look at Nectar. Version 2 came out in October 2013 and took 5 years for version 3. Trash 2 was 2012 and Iris 2 was Nov 2014... We can hope, right? Would be nice to update the UI at least. I'm really considering Iris 2 at $29. (Few bucks less if you look around.) I have tons of distortion plugins so not sure about Trash. I guess, more importantly, what would they add in Iris 3? (I'm sure there are bugs, but other than that?)

^^^
That‘s what I think as well...

Nope. They are just trying to eke as much $ out of it as they can. I have and like both programs, but Iris 2 isn't going anywhere. If they had any interest in it, they wouldn't have left it sitting there (bugs and all) festering in the noon day sun for so long. If I'm wrong, I wonder if they'll bone all of the Iris 2 users as they did the Iris 1 users with incompatible patches?

ok im trying to wrap my head around this.

is iris 2 full of bugs ? just been demoing in Cubase 10 on High Sierra and it seems solid.

If not are people simply slagging it off because it is missing "that" feature ?

Serious, can you point me to some bugs so i can see if this really is a waste of time and will simply cause a crash fest before buying.

Cheers ;-)

tdm wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:45 pm Nope. They are just trying to eke as much $ out of it as they can. I have and like both programs, but Iris 2 isn't going anywhere. If they had any interest in it, they wouldn't have left it sitting there (bugs and all) festering in the noon day sun for so long. If I'm wrong, I wonder if they'll bone all of the Iris 2 users as they did the Iris 1 users with incompatible patches?

I wouldn't say it's "full" of bugs, but there are some. I haven't done much programming with it lately, but I remember certain weird behavior when setting up modulation. I also remember not having enough resolution on some parameters. If you go back in this same thread and look at comments made by Sampleconstruct starting around 11/22/2014 you'll find them.

I think many where possibly fixed in 2.0.2
tdm wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:35 pm I wouldn't say it's "full" of bugs, but there are some. I haven't done much programming with it lately, but I remember certain weird behavior when setting up modulation. I also remember not having enough resolution on some parameters. If you go back in this same thread and look at comments made by Sampleconstruct starting around 11/22/2014 you'll find them.

Oh well, for less than £20 it's amazing, I will just render out any parts anyway.

I think if you go back to page 1 of this thread and start reading, it soon becomes apparent that Iris 1 users were unhappy with v2.

But if you are just jumping aboard now, it is a great deal for $29. Even if they never update it again. Amazing instrument!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Cheers, JRR shop sais resource hungry so possible try v1 but that seems

1.not available and 2. probably doesn't work in high sierra anyhow.

downloading content now. looks amazing ;-)
zzz00m wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:53 pm I think if you go back to page 1 of this thread and start reading, it soon becomes apparent that Iris 1 users were unhappy with v2.

But if you are just jumping aboard now, it is a great deal for $29. Even if they never update it again. Amazing instrument!

I agree. Warts and all, it's a no-brainer at $29. It's a shame they didn't continue development of it.

pbo808 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:06 pm On the other hand, could mean an update is in the works... Look at Nectar. Version 2 came out in October 2013 and took 5 years for version 3. Trash 2 was 2012 and Iris 2 was Nov 2014... We can hope, right? Would be nice to update the UI at least. I'm really considering Iris 2 at $29. (Few bucks less if you look around.) I have tons of distortion plugins so not sure about Trash. I guess, more importantly, what would they add in Iris 3? (I'm sure there are bugs, but other than that?)
I would not buy this in hopes of it getting updated. I learned a while ago that you buy plugins for what they are and not what they might be.
And what it is is worth $29 imho

Dillinger wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 pm I would not buy this in hopes of it getting updated. I learned a while ago that you buy plugins for what they are and not what they might be.
And what it is is worth $29 imho
Wise advice.

I paid $49 for it a while back, and I thought that was a great deal! Still happy with it. :D

It can get CPU hungry, but there are some optimization tips near the end of the user guide.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

You don't want to know what I paid for it back in 2015. :dog:

Return to “Instruments”