What are you rediscovering?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm in a very similar situation :-)

Mostly, I want to listen to piano sounds as I'm learning it and it is very possible for me to buy a digital piano (Kawai ES100 mostly) in the near future although I really like my Oxygen 49 and sure I am going to keep it.

I'm rediscovering that simplicity in composing is an important key to get the melody/harmony done and that learning how to play well can help a lot in composing besides a good background in music theory :-)

I have little time for synths now, but I'm rediscovering Razor and Halion Sonic SE![/quote]

Simplicity is something I've rediscovered as well, in pretty much every area of producing. For me, its something to keep in mind for sound design and helps out so much!
"The honey badger runs backwards, honey badger don't give a shit"

For me, Livelab DK's Liveslice. Loads of fun :)

Although I'm bummed that I bought it at version 1.45, and only received versions 1.46 and 1.47 as updates afterwards, even though it appears to have been updated to 1.50. Didn't change my email address so don't know why I never received the update?

Not like I can complain to the dev anymore either :(
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

My MicroKorg, My Korg Monotrons, My Roland JX305. Fun to be had. :D
:tu: All is good

Blue II has me rediscovering FM synthesis. I understand the principals of FM synthesis, but I've never been very competent at designing sounds from scratch in any FM synths. I'm usually more of a preset tweaker or I take a haphazard/random approach when it comes to FM. But, I've started to really study and de-construct/reverse engineer some patches in Blue II (and FM8) to help me figure out how to get from INIT to the sound I want. Things are slowly starting to click now.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

poly KB player had the cm version got the player at JR for $8.74 using coupon code "group"

I am enjoying this gem.

bought a Yamaha CP4 as master keyboard...now I'm rediscovering playing Chopin after 20 years. Alterning between electronic music and classical music is...strange but refreshing

Rediscovering SynthMaker, and making some new plugins with it!
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

MisterGin wrote:bought a Yamaha CP4 as master keyboard...now I'm rediscovering playing Chopin after 20 years. Alterning between electronic music and classical music is...strange but refreshing
Chopin and Beethoven take me to my happy place. Just got a Yamaha P155 myself because my piano sucks and doesn't have a volume knob, nor does it plug into my computer or require tuning.

Slightly more complex chord progressions in Chopin. ;)

I didn't want to post a new thread, so I found this one ;)

I'm rediscovering DCAM Synth Squad these days! I did like it a lot years ago, but then ... don't know, I sold it! Then few days ago I couldn't resist and bought it again :)

Now, I can say I'm truly in love with the three synths! Everything is clicking and I'm moved by the quality of the sound. I'm glad that my taste is developing towards the 80's music mostly as I think this is what I find myself in more.

RavityS
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

What am I rediscovering? Shit internet service from Australia's number 1 provider.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Reason (just upgraded to v10) user since 1.0 - man it's so much fun!

Indeed Reason is always a ton of fun for me too :)

i have rediscovered Sonic Refills for Reason... you would be surprised how functional Refills are... most vsts are dripping in efx... but not Sonic Refills... you take the basic patch and then mold it into your own taste... Reason is a very powerful tool... it may not be for everyone but still a powerful tool...

p.s. i am a Ableton Live user...

Return to “Instruments”