What are you rediscovering?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been playing around with Luxonix Purity today. Haven't used it in months. That preset number one "First Impression" is sappy heaven.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Lush101 and P8 are what I'm rediscovering, I've been using Vanguard and Firebird on a daily basis and decided that I should try P8 since I have tons of presets for them, Trance-Pro and minimoog v

Never overlook synth1 and your DAW plugs
Last edited by arkmabat on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All 70s Progressive Rock Synths... Yesterday I've try to recreate the Keith Emerson Sound of the EL&P song "Lucky Man" with MiniMonsta... Amazing! :-)
And also Mellotrons, Prophets, Taurus etc etc...

Turello wrote:All 70s Progressive Rock Synths... Yesterday I've try to recreate the Keith Emerson Sound of the EL&P song "Lucky Man" with MiniMonsta... Amazing! :-)
And also Mellotrons, Prophets, Taurus etc etc...
Don't forget Hammonds if you're back in the Seventies... (But aren't you born in the 80ies?)

Waldorf PPG 2.v

I only scratched on the surface of this synth previously :oops:

I've been using it again recetly, and it is deep, with a great arp :tu:

The Roland JX-10. I moved the digital piano out of the studio and needed a new master keyboard. Since I don't like 61 key boards as master I decided to use my JX-10. It still had presets from an old band, I haven't played that keyboard in a LONG time. It still feels good, as it always did and it definitely has a sound. I don't like the filters pushed, but they do sound good for more gentle sounds.

You gotta have the PG-800 though, it makes all the difference on this synth.

@Tricky: right words and i use organize trio! ;-)

Born in the 80 but inside I'm 67/77...

I'm rediscovering music theory. Man, I HATED it when I was in school in the 80ies - we didn't learn any practical examples, only dry theory. We didn't even use any music instruments... I really thought the subject "Music" were only there to torture us students... (The same I thought of Math!)

But now that I want to get more into composing, I see how much theory I still have to learn (chord progressions, harmonies, counterpoint etc.). I admire people (who studied music) like Michael Cretu how they're playing with harmonies, counterpoints and layering... :love:

@Tricky: Argomento strano ma interessante... I've start learn music theory at 12 old but in time i've learn to forget it because I'm feel closed\limited (can't find the right words)... Now I'm feel free...

I rediscover Night Flight quite a bit. I barely used FG-X until last month, now it's on every project.

Re-FX PlastiCZ. A lot of fond memories making tracks with this in the early noughties. Sometimes I go back to it for it's distinctive plastic chompin' goodness. It's old and flawed but just has a certain sound to it that more flawless, modern oscillators don't readily have. It cuts through a mix better than most VAs. It's one of those plugins you use for that one type of sound... even the pads you can make with it are chompy and plasticy.

Their "eat more plastiCZ" slogan really hit the nail on the head.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Turello wrote:@Tricky: right words and i use organize trio! ;-)

Born in the 80 but inside I'm 67/77...
I've got the limited edition VB3 that came with mixcraft pro and organized trio I keep on thinking about getting the full version of VB3 because it's a different (better) beast all together even though all three are B3 emulations by the same guy.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

elektrostudio's synths and drum machines, all of easytoolz vst's, Waldorf PPG2v, Full bucket's Mono/Fury, Hahaha's CS33V2 synth. Also getting back into using Oatmeal synth.

all great kit and great fun to play with :)

Re-discovered the Korg analog snyth plugins (again...). Used them to create some samples for use in Kontakt (with layering multiple detuned instances and using additional FXs).

With the new 64-bit versions i also used VB-3 and Synplant again.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”