Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

TBH, i'd rather see some of the features which have been mentioned here (Spire is IMO in dire need of some more oscillator waveforms): http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... s#p6059640
- Custom wave loading
- Granular sampler OSC mode
I see that the stuff below that was already implemented (except for new reverberator modes), so, we might see it soon. :)
Last edited by chk071 on Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

125% GUI and lock option to knobs is most needed FR imo :)

+1 for lock.

I would be happy if he did nothing more than fix the preset system. It's horribly broken. How anyone can tolerate the complete disconnect between the preset banks saved to disk and the preset banks loaded in the synth, is beyond me.

teilo wrote: How anyone can tolerate the complete disconnect between the preset banks saved to disk and the preset banks loaded in the synth, is beyond me.
Some people just don't rely much on presets :)

I don't actually deny the importance of preset handling FRs but I can't relate to that, when I feel like browsing the sounds made by other people I'm fine with the preset system as is. I wonder what other people consider missing or broken.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

teilo wrote:I would be happy if he did nothing more than fix the preset system. It's horribly broken. How anyone can tolerate the complete disconnect between the preset banks saved to disk and the preset banks loaded in the synth, is beyond me.
"He"? I was always under the impression that Reveal Sound is more than 1 person doing the coding. It's just one person?

If so, that would explain the length of time it takes for updates, let alone the Rack Extension that literally took years. :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

recursive one wrote:
teilo wrote: How anyone can tolerate the complete disconnect between the preset banks saved to disk and the preset banks loaded in the synth, is beyond me.
Some people just don't rely much on presets :)

I don't actually deny the importance of preset handling FRs but I can't relate to that, when I feel like browsing the sounds made by other people I'm fine with the preset system as is. I wonder what other people consider missing or broken.
I'm not talking about relying on other people's presets. Spire can handle that just fine. I'm talking about doing my own sound design. I almost never use a factory patch or a 3rd-party bank.

It's the most idiotic thing I have ever seen. Design your patch. Save your patch or bank to disk. Now, if you restart, everything you just saved won't show up. If you want to actually use what you have saved, you need to: Remove your custom bank. Re-import your custom bank from disk. And no, you can't just re-import it without first removing it. That seems to work, but the bank doesn't change. You have to remove it first.

AND: If you tweak your patch, and forget to re-save to disk, every change you made to your bank is now lost. And if you DID save your bank to disk, and restart, you still can't see the changes, because it does not update its internal bank cache when you saved. It only updates the internal cache when you import from disk. So when doing sound design, you need to religiously follow the proper steps every damn time:

1) Make your changes.
2) Export your bank to disk.
3) Remove your bank from Spire.
4) Re-import your bank from disk.

Why?!! This is so frustrating because I love this synth. But I have pretty much stopped using it, and will not recommend it to anyone until this gets fixed.

The cynic in me says that this must be intentional, given the amount of money Reveal makes selling sound banks. It's as if they really don't want this to be easy for sound designers. They just want to sell banks. I mean, I doubt that's what's behind it, but still...

teilo wrote: It's the most idiotic thing I have ever seen. Design your patch. Save your patch or bank to disk. Now, if you restart, everything you just saved won't show up. If you want to actually use what you have saved, you need to: Remove your custom bank. Re-import your custom bank from disk. And no, you can't just re-import it without first removing it. That seems to work, but the bank doesn't change. You have to remove it first.
I see, very stupid indeed :?

I'm mostly making Spire sounds for my own use so I usually save them within the project or with use of Studio One preset system or "music loops" so I wasn't even aware of that. I made a small bank once to share with my buddy but all the sounds had been made beforehand so I didn't have to modify the bank once it had been saved.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I remember they showed us a mock-up (or a internal developer-build) of a preset browser some times ago.
Why was this never implemented?

Is it possible to copy OSC settings in Spire and move them to the next OSC?
And how do you do it?

:neutral:

Wheres the cheapest place to buy spire nowadays
Thanks
Tony

walker1 wrote:Is it possible to copy OSC settings in Spire and move them to the next OSC?
And how do you do it?

:neutral:
Hi! Copy (CPY) and Paste (PST) keys are located next to the oscillator keys :wink:

tonymax wrote:Wheres the cheapest place to buy spire nowadays
Thanks
Tony
Direct from Reveal Sound’s website when they have periodic 30% off sales. You just missed one.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
teilo wrote:I would be happy if he did nothing more than fix the preset system. It's horribly broken. How anyone can tolerate the complete disconnect between the preset banks saved to disk and the preset banks loaded in the synth, is beyond me.
"He"? I was always under the impression that Reveal Sound is more than 1 person doing the coding. It's just one person?
As far as i know, no. They always referred to the "team", when i asked them about something. I doubt that more than 1 or 2 person do the actual coding though. But, they surely have a sound design team, because they release quite a few soundsets themselves.

I once installed an tried Spire.

It sounded great, but was very CPU hungry.

Can anyone tell me how it performs in that regard now ?

Return to “Instruments”