BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Actually I found a skin that makes it smooth enough :)
Now that skin issue is not an issue anymore, I had time to play with it.. Just to notice that I can't find any use for the plugin 🤦🏻‍♂️

If I could decide the notes in force to scale and save them for later use... It'd be useful. But now I think I'm happy with bitwigs arp.

As I promised, there's the first version with scaleable GUI
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/3/Blu ... v2.2.9.zip

Windows only yet, OSX version will come later.
Please give me feedback on GUI readability.

Changes in v2.2.9
1. Scalable GUI (125% and 150%)
2. BlueARP remembers directory for last load/save operation and uses it for next load/save
3. Manual embedded into package (previosly was a link to my website, but it generates too much traffic)
4. Manual updated to v2.2.9

PS. Manual is now embedded into the package so don't forget to copy the manual file as well (BlueARP_Manual_v229_EN.pdf) to your VST folder

graywolf2004 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:07 pm As I promised, there's the first version with scaleable GUI
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/3/Blu ... v2.2.9.zip

Windows only yet, OSX version will come later.
Please give me feedback on GUI readability.

Changes in v2.2.9
2. BlueARP remembers directory for last load/save operation and uses it for next load/save
3. Manual embedded into package (previosly was a link to my website, but it generates too much traffic)

PS. Manual is now embedded into the package so don't forget to copy the manual file as well (BlueARP_Manual_v229_EN.pdf) to your VST folder
Just gave this a quick go and the resizable GUI works great over here so far. Settings are recalled, and the larger size helps with usability even on non-UHD screens because things have more space. 125% looks great here. Thank you!

Thank you, Graywolf !

Can someone please explain how to route BlueArp in Digital Performer?
Thanks in advance!

graywolf2004 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:07 pm Changes in v2.2.9
Great to now have a bigger GUI :-)

On my system: Cubase pro 10 - Windows 10 pro, the GUI scale setting is not keeped after saving a song.
Is there a way to make the scale setting as default?

BTW after changing the scale setting an error appears at the bottom left of the GUI:
"Error: Updating BlueARP.ini failed, rc=3"
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Hi Oleg,

thank you so much for this great update! Scalable GUI works perfectly here!

:clap:

Thank you!!!

Please announce here when the Scalable GUI version for Mac comes out. Thanks!

Hello guys.
The issue I want to report I discovered like a year ago. But then disappeared so I was unable to report it properly. Recently it appeared again which makes me possible to narrow it down.

So, at first it appear only if BlueArp runs in Native mode. If the plugin is running bridged mode (as separate or dedicated process - both are options of Reaper) the issue doesn't appear. At least during my few quick tests.

The issue results in playing unwanted notes. It's like sequences jumps back and forth around the step which should be played at the very moment. You will see it in video below.

Also, I found 2 ways how to workaround the issue (also seen in the video).
1. if there is a loop set somewhere in the project (even inactive)
2. if the track with BlueArp is selected. However based on my experience, it doesn't work 100%. From time to time some glitches slips.

The video below shows Reaper with BlueArp and 2 MIDI logger plugins, plugged in before (left one) and after BlueArp (right one). The song is being played in slow-down to better see data in the logs.
When issue comes to play, you can see:
- jumping sequence dots in BlueArp
- rapidly changing information about current step
- a lot of MIDI messages in second MIDI logger (on the right side)

Please let me know if is it the plugin issue or maybe Reaper one. In the second case I will report it to Reaper developers.

BTW I found another issue (can't say a bug, since it might be a feature.. who knows). If there is a loop set somewhere in the project, and is configured in some specific way (I think it does something with misalignment to whole bars), then BlueArp, even set to "Restart on beat" ignores this setting, seems more like applying a beat start set by the loop. In result the sequence is being played with some shift. Even if played from the song very beginning. As I said, maybe it's a feature (ie for live performance or so), but sometimes might be annoying. Is there a way to disable BlueArp to be sensitive to project loop?

https://youtu.be/9tanb3Iwth0

Hi there,

Wondering If I've missed something, but I just can't get BlueARP to work with Maschine 2 software. I've tried a lot of things, but it seems not be sending out any midi data.

Any idea?

Cheers.

DigiPRO wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:57 am Hi there,

Wondering If I've missed something, but I just can't get BlueARP to work with Maschine 2 software. I've tried a lot of things, but it seems not be sending out any midi data.

Any idea?

Cheers.
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... nstruments

Check the link above, consider BlueARP as an external midi device at some point that is virtually talking to internal midi inputs.

phreaque wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:01 am
DigiPRO wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:57 am Hi there,

Any idea?

Cheers.
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... nstruments

Check the link above, consider BlueARP as an external midi device at some point that is virtually talking to internal midi inputs.
BlueArp VST doesn't seem to transmit midi out all with Maschine software environment. Wondering if that is a Maschine software limitation as BlueArp works well in Cubase etc.

Maybe the developer has some workaround to share?

Cheers.

dbender wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 pm Please announce here when the Scalable GUI version for Mac comes out. Thanks!
My estimate - 2 weekends to make it. But unfortunately now I'm short of free time due to my day job (I have a lot of working Saturdays). So it will take longer than I expected. I think it will be somewhere around the end of July.

teacue wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:45 am
Great to now have a bigger GUI :-)

On my system: Cubase pro 10 - Windows 10 pro, the GUI scale setting is not keeped after saving a song.
Is there a way to make the scale setting as default?

BTW after changing the scale setting an error appears at the bottom left of the GUI:
"Error: Updating BlueARP.ini failed, rc=3"
Looks like permission problem when trying to update BlueARP.ini. Maybe national characters in file path. As a workaround - open BlueARP.ini and change P001=000 to P001=001 (it will change scale to 125%, 002 - to 150%).
PS. Does it remember selected skin? If it's permission problem, it shouldn't remember skin as well.

Hi Graywolf,

thank you very much for this great Arp/Sequencer.

I have some free ones and even some paid ones (Kirnu Cream, NORA), but BlueArp is the one that comes up with useable results the quickest.

Scalable GUI is also a great new feature!

Of course, there's still room for more. :)

1. More scales for "force to scale". At least the church modes like Phrygian or Dorian would be nice. I like to play around with the semitone settings and then force to scale for some harmonic variation. So more scales would mean more interesting variations. Maybe an option to set a "custom scale" would be the perfect solution here.

2. A "random"-step-type in semitone-window that selects a different note each runthrough. Maybe this would be better as an option in the "Auto Filter-Section": "Rand Key Select" in percentage?

Sunny greetings from Germany,

Pete

Return to “Instruments”