BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

graywolf2004 wrote: I'll fix it in next couple of weeks.
Thank you very much😂

graywolf2004 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 am
Tastenclown wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:21 pm This is truly one of the best arpeggiators I know. Thanks for creating this.
I did not find a topic about the preset using. There is a great set of presets - two banks - in
the KVR Bank/Patch Section - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bluear ... /downloads. They are called 'Opax' Probably everybody here knows, so please excuse any double post if so.
Problem was, I did not find a way to load these banks - in Reaper 64 bit.
I always got the message "This file is not for this effect", so I could not try these presets.

My way of dealing with that was now to create three folders of the bluearp vst, name it three different ways (did the same to the ini file, no idea if this was necessary).
Then I renamed the two Opax banks to 'factory bank' and now I had access to all three preset banks.
I found the Opax banks really great, thanks a lot for doing these.
Best regards, Stefan
Did you try lo load them from BlueARP itself - I mean MENU -> Bank -> Load?
Thanks for your quick reply. Seems that I have to spend a little more time with the plugin.
I have never used the menu... sorry for my stupid question. The method you told me worked, of course.

I just downloaded 2.2.7 for OS X and I seem to be having a problem in FL Studio 20 for Mac (on High Sierra) where BlueArp doesn't seem to generate any events out when it's used in Patcher. I can see the note event flash on the BlueArp GUI but the plugin that it outputs to doesn't generate any sound.

If it manually route the midi out of BlueArp as a plugin to the input of a VST (as two separate channels on the rack) then it works OK, but that doesn't work for the built-in FL Studio plugins.

I could be doing something foolish (I'm kind of an FL Studio newbie) but does this sound at all familiar?

fycfung wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:08 am I just downloaded 2.2.7 for OS X and I seem to be having a problem in FL Studio 20 for Mac (on High Sierra) where BlueArp doesn't seem to generate any events out when it's used in Patcher. I can see the note event flash on the BlueArp GUI but the plugin that it outputs to doesn't generate any sound.

If it manually route the midi out of BlueArp as a plugin to the input of a VST (as two separate channels on the rack) then it works OK, but that doesn't work for the built-in FL Studio plugins.

I could be doing something foolish (I'm kind of an FL Studio newbie) but does this sound at all familiar?
Make sure you assigned BlueARP midi out channels in order to be able to talk to the target synth.

cineplus wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:13 am
Thank you very much😂
Please try one of the attached. I checked only in FL/Windows - is doesn't crash now.
Actually I forgot to increase maximum array size, so it will take only 10 notes max., but at least it shouldn't crash now. So I'll increase this array size in next release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you.
That’s very cool
However when in thru mode i really need full polyphony because if i bypass the whole plugin instead of setting it to thru, Ableton won’t pass the incoming MIDI to the receiving channel.
When do you plan to increase the polyphony? I need it for my upcoming concerts with 61 notes polyphony (only in thru mode)
I can pay you for that update
Thanks

cineplus wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:14 pm Thank you.
That’s very cool
However when in thru mode i really need full polyphony because if i bypass the whole plugin instead of setting it to thru, Ableton won’t pass the incoming MIDI to the receiving channel.
When do you plan to increase the polyphony? I need it for my upcoming concerts with 61 notes polyphony (only in thru mode)
I can pay you for that update
Thanks
I can do this next weekend, is it OK? I already increased this array size, but compiling for OSX is quite a long thing for me (I have no real mac and use a virtual one). Yesterday it was too late to finish that.
And the computer I need for that is in my main location, I'm there only on weekends, so I can't do it earlier than weekend anyway.
So now the crash problem fixed, it's all about polyphony, right?

Wow cool!
Yes only polyphony
I’m very grateful
Do ypu have paypal?

cineplus wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:17 am Wow cool!
Yes only polyphony
I’m very grateful
Do ypu have paypal?
Yep, I have paypal for donations, link on my website www.graywolf2004.net )

fycfung wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:08 am I just downloaded 2.2.7 for OS X and I seem to be having a problem in FL Studio 20 for Mac (on High Sierra) where BlueArp doesn't seem to generate any events out when it's used in Patcher. I can see the note event flash on the BlueArp GUI but the plugin that it outputs to doesn't generate any sound.

From you story - it sounds right, but I never checked this myself in FL/Mac. The only thing - maybe you're routing to non-midi (audio) input? If you have access to Windows PC with FL - can you try the same on Windows, just to make sure that your patching is correct? If so, we can make sure it's some Mac-specific issue (either on BlueARP side or on FL side) and it requires further investigation.
For Windows FL is works for sure, phreaque uses this a lot.

graywolf2004 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:30 am
Thanks for your support :)
I'm trying to assist answering questions as much as I can, and I'm in process of preparing detailed video tutorial covering the majority of users' question on how to get BlueARP working inside DAW, and how to link hardware midi device to it.
Also there will be a bank of user arp presets, along with FL Studio template to get things easier for the users.

phreaque wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:54 am
graywolf2004 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:30 am
Thanks for your support :)
I'm trying to assist answering questions as much as I can, and I'm in process of preparing detailed video tutorial covering the majority of users' question on how to get BlueARP working inside DAW, and how to link hardware midi device to it.
Also there will be a bank of user arp presets, along with FL Studio template to get things easier for the users.
This sounds super cool! I wanted to do good detailed video myself, but always there are another things to do in my limited spare time. I think you can do it even better )

Hi !

First big thx for this wonderful app !!!

I have a bug with bluearp and reaper (5.961 on x64) ... with v2.2.7 and 2.2.6 : (i tried all the last version not th 5 i can't find dll)

when i play music with the loop on : no problem :-)
When i desactivate the loop : i ve got scratch,noise .... no usable :-((

With the version 2.2.4 everything is ok :-) )

how can i help you to reproduce this bug ? am i alone ?

Thank you for your help ! (and sorry for my english :-) )

graywolf2004 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:13 pm
Thank you very much😂
Please try one of the attached. I checked only in FL/Windows - is doesn't crash now.
Actually I forgot to increase maximum array size, so it will take only 10 notes max., but at least it shouldn't crash now. So I'll increase this array size in next release.
Tested, it doesn't crash on OSX either. :tu:

cineplus wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:29 pm
graywolf2004 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:13 pm
Thank you very much😂
Tested, it doesn't crash on OSX either. :tu:
Here are fixed versions (maximum number of keys increased from 10 to 20).
I didn't upload them to my website, not yet enough changes for a new release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”