BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

very cool program. i got it to work on a VST synth but can i get it to arp my hardware synth?

i am using ableton external instrument - roland system-8 over USB

rubez wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:01 am very cool program. i got it to work on a VST synth but can i get it to arp my hardware synth?

Possible yes, simply do these steps:
1. Get your h/w midi equipped synth linked to your DAW via needed interface.
2. Assign midi input port and midi channel on both synth & DAW
3. Load up BlueARP, and assign its midi out to the same of synth midi input
4. Make sure the midi channel on BlueARP is set. So it can communicate to the synth.

rubez wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:01 am very cool program. i got it to work on a VST synth but can i get it to arp my hardware synth?

It should work just fine. Here's a link to Ableton's guide to controlling external devices using Live: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... l-hardware

hi thank you i got it working.... :D

though when i recorded it in ableton, the bass notes were missing.

i did 4-note chords. but the bass part didn't record into DAW. what is the possible reason for this?

it wasn't done in the synth's multi-timbral mode so it should all have been MIDI channel 1. which i set it to.

any thoughts :?:

rubez wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:26 pm hi thank you i got it working.... :D

though when i recorded it in ableton, the bass notes were missing.

i did 4-note chords. but the bass part didn't record into DAW. what is the possible reason for this?

it wasn't done in the synth's multi-timbral mode so it should all have been MIDI channel 1. which i set it to.

any thoughts :?:
Check Ableton mixer channel monitor status?

not sure what it was but seems it be working now thank you, amazing program blue arp!

the JX-3P sounds fantastic through it :party:

graywolf2004 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:35 am
cineplus wrote:There is a problem with CC 64.
When the plugin is in thru mode, sustain pedal won't pass.
Any idea?
Thanks
Fixed in v2.2.6 (will upload next weekend likely)
It's because for midi thru mode I have the logic to pass thru mod wheel and notes, but filtering out all other CC's. I did it because some synths like T-force alpha respond unexpectedly to some CCs.
But sustain pedal is essential (like mod wheel) so I added it to allowed CCs along with mod wheel and pitch bend.
Thank you, we all appreciate your work to make the best sequencer ever, even better!
Cheers

Hi, I found a little but annoying bug in Bluearp.
When Bluearp is in thru mode, if you send in more than 10 notes at the same time it will crash Ableton Live and Logic Pro X so far.
Thanks
Cheers
John

cineplus wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:07 pm Hi, I found a little but annoying bug in Bluearp.
When Bluearp is in thru mode, if you send in more than 10 notes at the same time it will crash Ableton Live and Logic Pro X so far.
Thanks
Cheers
John
Hi,
I want to simulate this issue, what version of Live you're using? And does this issue happen with specific plugins other than BlueARP?

Thanks for the quick reply.
I’m using the latest versions of everything. I tried in many combinations and the reault is identical: as soon as the active note on’s are more than 10 the DAW crashes immediately closing. It can be a big chord or even notes played one after another so far all keys stay pressed.

cineplus wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:44 pm Thanks for the quick reply.
I’m using the latest versions of everything. I tried in many combinations and the reault is identical: as soon as the active note on’s are more than 10 the DAW crashes immediately closing. It can be a big chord or even notes played one after another so far all keys stay pressed.
Hi. I think I know the reason - it's because input key filter array has size around 10. I'll fix it in next couple of weeks.
My only question of curiosity is - why do you have so many notes? I couldn't imagine someone will hit this limitation so I though 10 input keys limit is far enough.

phreaque By the way, thanks for taking your time to answer questions on this thread. I just don't have enough time to do this frequently and I appreciate your help.

And some technical detail - I had a bug of this kind before - and I know it can be different on Windows and OSX. While on Windows it worked fine, it crashed on OSX. May be the same case here.

graywolf2004 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:55 am
cineplus wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:44 pm Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi. I think I know the reason - it's because input key filter array has size around 10. I'll fix it in next couple of weeks.
My only question of curiosity is - why do you have so many notes? I couldn't imagine someone will hit this limitation so I though 10 input keys limit is far enough.

phreaque By the way, thanks for taking your time to answer questions on this thread. I just don't have enough time to do this frequently and I appreciate your help.

It’s because when Bluearp is active i need just a few notes, as you said there is no need to play more than 1-6 notes, but when i set it to thru, i need to play freely on the piano with full polyphony.

This is truly one of the best arpeggiators I know. Thanks for creating this.
I did not find a topic about the preset using. There is a great set of presets - two banks - in
the KVR Bank/Patch Section - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bluear ... /downloads. They are called 'Opax' Probably everybody here knows, so please excuse any double post if so.
Problem was, I did not find a way to load these banks - in Reaper 64 bit.
I always got the message "This file is not for this effect", so I could not try these presets.

My way of dealing with that was now to create three folders of the bluearp vst, name it three different ways (did the same to the ini file, no idea if this was necessary).
Then I renamed the two Opax banks to 'factory bank' and now I had access to all three preset banks.
I found the Opax banks really great, thanks a lot for doing these.
Best regards, Stefan

Tastenclown wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:21 pm This is truly one of the best arpeggiators I know. Thanks for creating this.
I did not find a topic about the preset using. There is a great set of presets - two banks - in
the KVR Bank/Patch Section - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bluear ... /downloads. They are called 'Opax' Probably everybody here knows, so please excuse any double post if so.
Problem was, I did not find a way to load these banks - in Reaper 64 bit.
I always got the message "This file is not for this effect", so I could not try these presets.

My way of dealing with that was now to create three folders of the bluearp vst, name it three different ways (did the same to the ini file, no idea if this was necessary).
Then I renamed the two Opax banks to 'factory bank' and now I had access to all three preset banks.
I found the Opax banks really great, thanks a lot for doing these.
Best regards, Stefan
Did you try lo load them from BlueARP itself - I mean MENU -> Bank -> Load?

Return to “Instruments”