RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's the difference?
Are presets compatible?
Which one do you recommend and why?
My SoundCloud
DAW: Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, GTX1070TI 8GB, Scarlett 2i2
Software: Win10, Cubase 10, Bitwig - Monitoring: Kali audio IN-8

discovery pro far more advanced but it will play discovery presets but not the other way around

None of them, because it doesn't sound like a Nordlead and has only average features.
But many guys using the Nordlead for eg. pluck sounds, recreating this easy with synth like Sylenth. There is also a tutorial on Youtube (from David Boldini aka "7skies") for Sylenth.

don't want to sound like a smartass, but I can't find a line in the original post that LmfC is looking for a Nord Lead emulation! ;)

anyhow, I would also be interested in your thought about Discovery/Discovery Pro...

LfmC wrote:What's the difference?
I think pro loads additionnal waveforms, loads wav & sfz
Soundwise I think they're the same.
Are presets compatible?
See Ttoz's reply above.
Which one do you recommend and why?
Do you need the additional features? If yes get Pro, if not get the classic.

well there's some pro only soundsets that won't work in non pro so there must be something to it LOL...

discovery(and pro) is actually pretty cool. Who cares if it doesn't sound like a nord lead?

It "can" load the Nord Lead SYSEX and it can come actually pretty close. Even better with the ProVersion. In a mix, it doesn't matter anyway.

I got Discovery just for this purpose in the first place and then some. Though I talk about the "old" version, not the new "supercharged" (with custom OSC due to samples) one.

There are tons of presets for both versions available. Free and Commercial. Teksonic made one IIRC for the "Standard", heard it, liked it. Else it's pretty much killer once you crack the surface. But you shouldn't see it as "emulation" alone, but a high class synth that can stand his ground compared to what's out there.

I'd get it if you have the chance. George Reales does coupon deals once in a while in the market place. And no, I am not paid for this, but I slowly should be.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

4damind wrote:None of them, because it doesn't sound like a Nordlead and has only average features.
But many guys using the Nordlead for eg. pluck sounds, recreating this easy with synth like Sylenth. There is also a tutorial on Youtube (from David Boldini aka "7skies") for Sylenth.
it doesn't sound exactly like a nord lead but it is about 90% there and i'm sure with some effort a good programmer could get it to almost match a nord patch. it certainly does have that raw and 'crunchy' sound of nord synths.

@ the OP - as far as i know the main difference is that the pro version loads samples and it also has the wonderful padsynth oscillator type (developed by the guy who codes zynaddsubfx)

Honing my necromancer skills by digging this thread up.. 8)

Are there any differences between D and D pro? Or is D pro exactly the same as D, but with extra?

Is there any point to have them both installed?

:o

Rather than needlessly dredging up an 8 year old thread two minutes of Google-Fu would have answered the question:

https://www.discodsp.com/discovery/

https://www.discodsp.com/discoverypro/
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Doesn't answer the question exactly.

There are tons of other minor differences, but the table below will show a quick overview.

Okay it's mentioned that "tons of minor differences" but generally that just says what I already know.. That D has less features.

But my question was that are they exactly the same synth with different features or are they two different synths?

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:43 pm:o
:o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :-o :-o :-o

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:12 pm Doesn't answer the question exactly.
Perfectly answers this question:
Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:42 pm Are there any differences between D and D pro? Or is D pro exactly the same as D, but with extra
:shrug:
Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:12 pmBut my question was that are they exactly the same synth with different features or are they two different synths?
Yes. They are the "same synth" with added features in Pro and they are two different synths due to the added features. Think Dune 2 and Dune 3 :shrug:

Anyway there are demos to download in the links I provided above. Short answer is go with Pro since it can do everything that the regular version can and the opposite is not true. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”