Old Free VSTi Gems From The Past

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nahkranoth wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:05 pm I sent a private message to Bam, concerning your problem, let's wait for his answer.
It's a good news. Thank you for your help, Nahkranoth. Of course I understand and respect their rights...and I'm not going to put anywhere these plugins to download.
Regards.

the idea of a 'museum of free VST' is good. i think the place to start with it is to do 'volumes', of, say, 500mb each.
start with 'Vol.1', the Early Years, and fill that up, get consent from devs where licenses are unclear, or prohibit redistribution (they may have changed their mind over time, or if it's a credible not-for-profit project), and then produce a pdf guide, or have it in html - i still think that the best way to organised a VST folder is to have each plugin in its own folder with its resource files, so unzipping a plugin to a folder of the same name would make sense.

and then go on to Vol.2 etc.
this maybe doesn't organise things by developer though - unless you cheat a bit, and do 'early' devs first.

thing is, what you inevitably get then, is some scammer selling CDs of this stuff online for profit, as you may have seen.

Ori Green Dragon, here's Bam's response:
actually no problem, but I recommend, that he should wait until the end of October, because the forum will move to a new server on 26.10.2019 at the latest.
At the moment the forum has a lot of errors (download is faulty and no new users can register), we completely reinstalled the forum software on the new server and then imported the database + files to the new installation.
If he wants to register immediately, I need a username and an e-mail. Then I create an account for him. At the moment there is no other way.
Therefore my recommendation, a little patience
I can confirm, that every download is broken, but half of them can be repaired as archives. So you'll better wait and then RAID THE WHOLE SITE!!! :D

Nahkranoth wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:14 pm Ori Green Dragon, here's Bam's response:
actually no problem, but I recommend, that he should wait until the end of October, because the forum will move to a new server on 26.10.2019 at the latest.
At the moment the forum has a lot of errors (download is faulty and no new users can register), we completely reinstalled the forum software on the new server and then imported the database + files to the new installation.
If he wants to register immediately, I need a username and an e-mail. Then I create an account for him. At the moment there is no other way.
Therefore my recommendation, a little patience
I can confirm, that every download is broken, but half of them can be repaired as archives. So you'll better wait and then RAID THE WHOLE SITE!!! :D
OK, no problem...I can wait a few weeks...and I'm happy to hear that music-society.de website will work again.
Greetings to you and Bam.

Hi guys, I searched all over the internet, including the wayback machine and facebook groups, for fxpansion Orca on mac osx. As mentioned on this thread, the only version I found was for windows on vst planet. What a shame :( Could one of you be our savior and share his install dmg on google drive ?? Also the osx version is universal binary, so I could use it on my powermac g5. I want that synth so bad, its the weirdest gui I ever seen in my life...If I get my hands on it, I could possibly post it on macintosh garden for future generation to enjoy. THX

Ok here is what we have in the Greatest VST Collection case.

I have written to many of the old members which i was sure about or hoping for had serious collection of vsts. Got some answers, everybody was positive but most of them hadnt got anything to share. Those who i surely knew had a rich collection never answered. That says to me that they dont want to make their collection public. We are only 4 or 5 that supports the idea but it doesnt cover the total collection i guess. End of story.

Just wanted to say that Tangerine Dream fans made the Tangerine Tree and Tangerine Leaf project and made it public. It was a huge work , actually the biggest fan effort i had heard about. Search on the net if you dont know what it was. I thought we could make something similar here.

imo you must refer to bob bobwood's listing of every known VST(i) and take it from there.
10,000 or more plugins (easily). but a lot of them won't allow redistribution without express permission,
so you'd be stuck there. that is the problem with this idea.
just keeping the log up to date was a big job for bobwood.
plus you note that this site does not (notionally) permit any 'illegal' downloads, which includes in breach
of licenses, whether commercial or not. most linking here was originally to existing downloads or stuff
available via the Wayback Machine.

Nahkranoth wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:11 pm Here's Breath Cube: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhsqj0lgqzg8f ... e.zip?dl=0.
Cube Breath is missing in my collection, never heard of Midi Breath, is it even real?
I have a ton of XOXOS' vsts on an external HHD at home. Only thing is, I don't know which are freeware and payware and obviously I won't redistribute his payware.

mztk wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:15 am imo you must refer to bob bobwood's listing of every known VST(i) and take it from there.
10,000 or more plugins (easily). but a lot of them won't allow redistribution without express permission,
so you'd be stuck there. that is the problem with this idea.
just keeping the log up to date was a big job for bobwood.
plus you note that this site does not (notionally) permit any 'illegal' downloads, which includes in breach
of licenses, whether commercial or not. most linking here was originally to existing downloads or stuff
available via the Wayback Machine.
Where is that listing? Nice. Bob's been at it for over a decade, I believe.

Would you be able to make those volumes as '32bit' and '64bit' ?
So many of the older ones would be unfortunately useless in modern computers (no jbridge please)

Greetings my friends, I've been so busy working on recent sound design experiments and projects where I successfully randomized some previously thought unrandomizable hardware synths, then my findings got a lot of attention in the synth world and a few features on Gearfacts YT channel =) I'm so excited to continue to locate vst's of the lost worlds. I'm always keeping a look out for anything that might still need to be found. I'm in the process of organizing my collection of free vst soundbanks and plugins ranging from about 1999-2018 approximatly. I still havent located the Yamaha DJX Studioware panel that was once on abstract reality's site that would be awesome to find if still possible. Great to hear you guys are looking for a place for our master collection, as the years go by this stuff becomes more and more rare and suddenly disappears without a trace. Other projects were sorting through my PG-8X soundbanks and SQ8L soundbanks and making the most complete JX-8p, SQ-80 converted collections ever to date.

Talk soon,
KoSMiX =)
::::::::::::dj-KoSMiX.Since.'88::::::::::::
:::The Human Freebee Plugin Encyclopedia:::
::::::VST Preservation Archeologist::::::::
:::::http://soundcloud.com/dj-kosmix:::::::
::::::: Gear: AN1x CS2x RM1x MS2000 :::::::

Hey folks- just for something interesting to do, I'm going to make a track using only examples of this thread, whose names end in "-tron"... such as Moppeltron, Arptron 2, SuperTron, etc. FX will also be freeware..

Let's see what happens ;)
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

ccDuckett wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:20 pm Hey folks- just for something interesting to do, I'm going to make a track using only examples of this thread, whose names end in "-tron"... such as Moppeltron, Arptron 2, SuperTron, etc. FX will also be freeware..

Let's see what happens ;)
Looking forward to it. SuperTron is one of my absolute favorite synths :love:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi there, I'm looking for plugins from Phoenix in Flight (https://web.archive.org/web/20121029000838/http://phoenixinflightaudio.blogspot.com/). I've looked around and saw that Optron 3A is on VST Planet (http://www.vstplanet.com/Effects/Dynamic7.htm) but the original Box links for their other plugins have all expired.

Would anyone be so kind as to post a mirror for their other plugins? I'd love to try out their ThrillerEQ. Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”