Old Free VSTi Gems From The Past

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I sort by developer. Every folder named after developer, in parentheses - alternative name, like this:

Code: Select all

J-Audio (Nikola Jeremic)
SBAudio (Sound-Base Audio)
In that folder there are folders, containing respective plugins, or no folders, just bunch of plugins if there are not many files, and the look of it is aesthetically pleasing :) There may be GUI images of corresponding plugins, made by VSTScreenshot by Christian Budde, in case I don't remember the looks, and if there are too many (xoxos, Psychic Modulation, etc.).
As for how it will go further, I mean where exactly to upload and in what form, we'll see.

How much space does yours take ?

Edirol Orchestral anyone?

stockholm808 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:57 am How much space does yours take ?
Approximately 15 G, on my laptop and I dont remember how much on another one, which for now is in another part of town and won't be accessible anytime soon.
But a lot was deleted in the name of Free Space and I regret it very much.
JFabri wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 pm Edirol Orchestral anyone?
No warez here, sorry. It's abandonware AFAIK, but it won't change matters.

wonder if Windows folder attributes can be used a bit like an excel sheet ... :-/
or is that just file types? ... so one could add a descriptive, like eg: 'polysynth', 'analogue', 'drum machine', etc.
allowing searches to narrow down to types.

i had a great/promising magazine browser file (still have it somewhere), that was easy to edit. originally, it was
the CD browser, but after copying it off, i found i could use it for other stuff. s'pose an html file could do that
more easily. (all just talk of course, who is going to make that? ...)

mztk wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:19 pm wonder if Windows folder attributes can be used a bit like an excel sheet ... :-/
or is that just file types? ... so one could add a descriptive, like eg: 'polysynth', 'analogue', 'drum machine', etc.
allowing searches to narrow down to types.

i had a great/promising magazine browser file (still have it somewhere), that was easy to edit. originally, it was
the CD browser, but after copying it off, i found i could use it for other stuff. s'pose an html file could do that
more easily. (all just talk of course, who is going to make that? ...)
I've tried to catalogue plugins using text files, but in the end deleted it all, as it was not the easy and intuitive way. The way that could work is to make hard/soft links in your filesystem of choice. So you will get folders like "Flangers, Phasers, Modulation, etc." and link your corresponding plugins there. Still haven't tried, but it seems eligible.

I also tried to cathegorize but there are a lot of plugins you just cant write one word but a whole description. I made then folders like Experimental or Interesting or Strange but its not much help .

My question is if that 15 Gb plugins are all included in the LIST ? If we take the LIST as the complete list of all plugins ever and we compare what we have to it then we know what we dont have and expect others to upload . We skip to overlap and others dont need to upload already uploaded plugins.
Is there any storing space for lets say 40-50Gb somewhere ? Only for uploading, without the right to delete anything.

Been talking about this in another post

There was a developer called Bitshift Audio. They released a vsti called Phatmatik.
They then released Phatmatik Pro, which was sort of like Recycle.
Then at some point, they released a free version of Phatmatik Pro, which I think was called PhatFree. I maybe got it from Computer Music Magazine, but I have no idea which issue it may have been on.

Then, Izotope bought Bitshift Audio, and Phatmatik Pro was never heard of again.

My question is, does anyone have a copy of the free version of Phatmatik Pro that they could share ??
Im only interested in the version that has the loop slicer on its GUI and looks like this.....
phat.png
The initial original version is much too simplistic.

It was on issue 49 and 50 of Computer Music magazine , which I did buy at the time, but have somehow lost over the years. I would buy it again, but it doesn't seem possible to buy Computer Music issues from that long ago.

Here it is in the magazine -- https://archive.org/details/ComputerMus ... 2/page/n15

Cheers !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2NDMOUSE wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:45 pm Cheers !!
I send you a PM :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello World...

I am a amateur musician, fan of "Berlin School of electronic music" and collector of old FREE VST synthesizers and I use old virtual synthesizers in my music productions.
Synthesizers that I had the opportunity to test (I still have some of them, but not all) - can be seen on my studio page - website is in Polish, but there are photos:
https://zielonysmok.eu/studio/ (https://zielonysmok.eu/studio/)

I'm still looking for six old (famous) synthesizers - especially these four: Datura Compass, Spirit of the Age by Mira-Katharina, RadaR, D-Wave (DTW) ...WaveFlex FBG-1 and Radon V2 - theoretically they are available (FREE) on website of music-society. de but I can't register on their website - their forum script has "MyBB internal errors" (I tried several times without success...there is also no visible email address for forum leaders or to the Admin). If anyone has these VST plugins please make a download for me or contact me on priv (I can exchange for another old FREE Vst synth).

Best regards, Ori.

P.S. It would be a good idea to share these FREE synthesizers via KVR, also.
Last edited by Ori Green Dragon on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Im looking for DRUMSQ16-8-FREE

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/drumsq ... y-xtrabits

The download link here on Kvr is dead
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

P.S. It would be a good idea to share these FREE synthesizers via KVR, also.
[/quote]

KVR has no own server to store the vsts, only a link that point to the vendors site. Thousands of vst vendors have no site anymore, and if the existing ones decide to quit we loose them too. VST4FREE stores plugins. Thats why it is the best choice i guess

stockholm808 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:41 pm KVR has no own server to store the vsts, only a link that point to the vendors site.
That is not correct. There are many plugins here on KVR that actually download directly from the KVR server.
Example: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/dead-d ... k-software

No idea how that works, I guess you need to register as a developer to be able to upload stuff.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Unfortunately, there are no synthesizers from music-society.de (music-society.de) -those mentioned by me- on VST4FREE (for download)...and are no their plugins on other music forums. I tried to contact Bam via his private website, but e-mail I sent is also coming back.
Interestingly - the forum looks active. Maybe only old registered logins work and do not allow new people to register (?).
My request is still valid - if anyone has these synthesizers (Datura Compass, Spirit of the Age by Mira-Katharina, RadaR, D-Wave, WaveFlex FBG-1, Radon V2) please help in getting them...or maybe someone here is a member of this society and can forward my request for help in setting up an account.
It can't be like that so such good synthesizers would only stand on display at the "Museum" :wink: ...see for yourself...
http://forum.music-society.de/showthread.php?tid=2295 (http://forum.music-society.de/showthread.php?tid=2295)

Compass, Spirit of the Age and others by Mira-Katharina can't be shared on other sites without linking to music-society, as it is said on corresponding pages. I can download these synths, but can't upload somewhere else.
As I'm registered there, I sent a private message to Bam, concerning your problem, let's wait for his answer.

Return to “Instruments”