Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:46 pm
fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:37 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:35 pm can you import WT's?
Definitely. I wrote that more than once already. Actually, you can import whatever WAV file you want (wavetable or not).

Of course, a WAV file that's not a wavetable will not behave like a wavetable :hihi:
what format wavetables does it import?
Basically ANY (as long as it's in WAV format), but you will be safe with Serum format (that's what I've been using mostly)
Fernando (FMR)

but no editor built in?

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:54 pm Basically ANY (as long as it's in WAV format), but you will be safe with Serum format (that's what I've been using mostly)
So if I throw in an arbitrary wave file, does it assume frame (single cycle) length = 2048 ?

I also noticed that if the name of the wave file includes root note, it separates cycles based on the root note length, right? That's cool
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:00 pm but no editor built in?
Lol, is it that you are channeling the dissatisfaction people had with Dune 3 against this synth? Very unprofessional of you.

dermage wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:09 pm
Lol, is it that you are channeling the dissatisfaction people had with Dune 3 against this synth? Very unprofessional of you.

no, it was a simple question, clearly not simple enough for you.

What exactly does crossgrade mean? Does it mean that you replace your existing collection with Pigments instead?
<List your stupid gear here>

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm

a) it was answered already
b) you can have a look for yourself, full demo available,
c) nothing listed on the product page

so you want someone to look for you? and why do you repeat it every few posts with some additional question marks?

obviously trolling. Nevermind, I'm back to Pigments, having a lot of fun.

Not yet (I bet one comes) there are plenty of free editors available (personally I just load the millions of free virus, zeta etc etc that are already in the publicc domain!) Serum editor seemed very cool but I hardly ever used it.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

egbert101 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 pm What exactly does crossgrade mean? Does it mean that you replace your existing collection with Pigments instead?
It means you're using your ownership in a different product line to get a discount on a different product line.

No, it doesn't replace your existing collection. It's like IK Multimedia giving you a discount on T-racks if you own Sampletank (or any other item over $99). It might affect your re-sale of the item, but I'm not sure in this case.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dermage wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm

a) it was answered already
b) you can have a look for yourself, full demo available,
c) nothing listed on the product page

so you want someone to look for you? and why do you repeat it every few posts with some additional question marks?

obviously trolling. Nevermind, I'm back to Pigments, having a lot of fun.
a) i havent seen it answered, i havent read every post
b) i like a bit of info first
c) nothing on the website about having a built in editor (that i saw) hence the question
d) f**k off

SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm
Not yet (I bet one comes) there are plenty of free editors available (personally I just load the millions of free virus, zeta etc etc that are already in the publicc domain!) Serum editor seemed very cool but I hardly ever used it.
thank you

kv331 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:07 pm So if I throw in an arbitrary wave file, does it assume frame (single cycle) length = 2048 ?
Yes, that's pretty much what it does.

That's why I've been using Audio-Term to resynthesize anything I want to be used in Pigments as a wavetable. Audio-Term is free, BTW.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

btw: Anx, it was mentioned here:
fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:48 pm
SHall1000 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:32 pm Can't see any info on wavetable import/export/editing/creation etc??
You can import any WAV file. If it is a wavetable, it will behave like a wavetable. If it isn't... well, it will play, nevertheless :hihi:

You can't create, edit or export wavetables. For that, I use Audio-Term and/or WaveEdit and/or Serum. The first two are free. I created many wavetables purposedly for Pigments during the beta, mainly using Audio-Term, which I think is great for that (no they aren't in the factory wavetables).

When you export presets or banks of presets, the wavetables used will be embedded.

The window below is the wavetable manager window. Clicking on the little wave icon in the top right will open a dialog box that allows you to import a WAV file. If you click on the folder icon at the left of the wave icon, you can import an entire folder of WAV files.

The waves shown in the image are samples of mine I imported. These are NOT regular wavetables, they were imported to allow me to experiment with granular synthesis

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:39 pmWell, I have to admit, $69 for V6 owners is pretty much a done deal, even if I don't need the thing.
Same. And I think can already say I'll reach for Pigments before Serum.

jsp1979 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 pm
egbert101 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 pm What exactly does crossgrade mean? Does it mean that you replace your existing collection with Pigments instead?
It means you're using your ownership in a different product line to get a discount on a different product line.

No, it doesn't replace your existing collection. It's like IK Multimedia giving you a discount on T-racks if you own Sampletank (or any other item over $99).
Hmm, that's great if it's true then.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”