Fretless Guitar Orchestral Prog Rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I have just finished my latest track. Its a hybrid of progressive rock and classical music, with some electronic stuff too. Featuring fretless electric guitar and bass, orchestra, and a LinnStrument.

https://soundcloud.com/jonny_lawson/vam ... ency-virus

I had a lot of fun making this. I hope you enjoy :)

Jon

Sounds fantastic, great playing.

What neck finish is on your guitar? My fretboard is unfinished right now and very difficult to play.
I play guitar

Thanks mate :)

The guitar is a Vigier Surfreter. The fingerboard is stainless steel and the neck has a matte/unpainted finish. I don't have any preference for gloss/painted or unfinished necks, and have guitars with each. Neck shape is the main thing that makes a guitar playable or not, to me. I like Ds the best and quite like Cs. If I play a V or even a soft V I will get sore hands after a few minutes! Although I'm sure some players get the opposite.

Unfinished guitars that have been converted from fretted to fretless are a totally different kettle of fish, can't slide as easily etc. Just seems so daunting to do the whole superglue or epoxy finish, overlaying metal sounds like a much simpler way to do things in this case.

I will play anything, my 8 string is like a plank of fail but we're humans, we adapt :P
I play guitar

Nicely done.
I enjoyed so much the composition.
I tried myself playing some fretless guitar, here and there in my tracks, I know the difficulties in it, and I recognize you mastered it really well.
Cool stuff :tu:

Cheers

There's something in the universes air tonight. :pray:
My YOUTUBE slideshows, etc. - https://www.youtube.com/user/samabate2k

Excellent Jon. Great playing and cool composition!
Love some prog myself and this is a fabulous combination of styles and playing.
Well done.
Cheers,
John
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

antcarrier wrote: I hope you enjoy :)
Jon
Indeed. :tu:

When I see the term prog rock I cringe a bit but this was quite excellent. It definitely has a Latin feel to it to me. I also thought there was a slight sound track element to it but that could be the orchestration effect. The bell at the end was a nice touch.

Your guitar work was quite tasty and worked well with your composition.

Very Nice!

Laguna Rising wrote:Nicely done.
I enjoyed so much the composition.
I tried myself playing some fretless guitar, here and there in my tracks, I know the difficulties in it, and I recognize you mastered it really well.
Cool stuff :tu:

Cheers
Thanks mate! Good to see there are others around playing fretless :)
It really is a lot of fun!
Synapse2k wrote:There's something in the universes air tonight. :pray:
Haha I want some of whatever you're having ;)

Allomerus wrote:Excellent Jon. Great playing and cool composition!
Love some prog myself and this is a fabulous combination of styles and playing.
Well done.
Cheers,
John
:)
Thanks John! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
rp314 wrote:
antcarrier wrote: I hope you enjoy :)
Jon
Indeed. :tu:
Cheers!
fastlanephil wrote:When I see the term prog rock I cringe a bit but this was quite excellent. It definitely has a Latin feel to it to me. I also thought there was a slight sound track element to it but that could be the orchestration effect. The bell at the end was a nice touch.

Your guitar work was quite tasty and worked well with your composition.

Very Nice!
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it, especially as its a genre you don't normally dig :)

Return to “Music Cafe”