Autumn Reveries- Composition Project (D Harmonic Minor)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys. What do you think of my composition piece. This is the first time a wrote a song using only one instrument. I learned a lot during the process and I think I will begin writing tracks focusing entirely on the composition piece first. Once I have it perfect and it can stand on its own, on an simple instrument, I can expand other elements around it and maybe use more exotic sounds for the melodies. Hope you guys like it.

The piece was played at a recital by a pianist last autumn at a university.

https://soundcloud.com/touch-the-univer ... onic-minor
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Beautiful tune
Pleasant ambiance and sounds
Enjoyable instrumental music

Thank you so much markkuja :)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Rapid again? :)

This synth sounds great in your hands :tu: . And I really like the melody and the compostion too. Great harmonic progression, very emotional.

But I have to say that it somehow sounds "programmed" rather than "played". I understand that it is supposed to sound synthetic, but you could add some velocity variations and maybe some imperfect note timing here and there to make it sound less mechanical.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Rapid again? :)

This synth sounds great in your hands :tu: . And I really like the melody and the compostion too. Great harmonic progression, very emotional.

But I have to say that it somehow sounds "programmed" rather than "played". I understand that it is supposed to sound synthetic, but you could add some velocity variations and maybe some imperfect note timing here and there to make it sound less mechanical.
Agree with this. Also, add some tempo variation, like accelerando/deccelerando, as you'd get with a human performance. :tu:

recursive one sez;
That's what struck as well. I listened and liked the composition`s counter point also. I didn't care for the 'harp' patch, I think it made it sound all the more stiff. A piano with sustain would have worked better I believe.
I'm wondering how it sounded at the recital. Did a human play this there?
How did he/she fair creating varying meter?

Did you know, in Cubase at least, you can pull up a graphic editor that will let you draw tempo curves. That could help. Also as mentioned, I think, drawing/assigning incline velocity curves into an automation track tying velocity to instrument`s sustain/release could be a helpful tool as well.

Keep writing though, I'm also a fan of single instrument composition...I just have to get started. :roll: :hug:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Return to “Music Cafe”