O, Is the Joyus Season

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is traditional Christmas music using a mix of electronic a natural instrument sounds. I'm not a big fan of Christmas music but every once in a while my childhood it gets the better of me.

Electronic sounds from Iris2 and Alchamey

Sound Iron Elements Choir- Cinematic Strings- Garritan CFX Concert Grand

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/oh- ... yus-season

Cheerful christmas music. Nice composition and arrangement. Sounds good

markkuja wrote:Cheerful christmas music. Nice composition and arrangement. Sounds good

Thanks for the thoughts.

its a nice merry tune, not being a floor stompin dance tune, not sure i would
have made it as loud and compressed. would have been more pleasant with more
dynamic range. (imho) happy holiday to you and yours! :party:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:its a nice merry tune, not being a floor stompin dance tune, not sure i would
Thanks for the feed back!

No compression but I think it could use more separation, mostly with the choir and strings. Probably make the second part of the first section a little quieter for dynamic contrast, huh. I also own LASS but it's really time consuming to work with.

Have a nice holiday also!

Indeed, a pleasant listen (in the nicest possible way!), a nice break from the usual hurly-burly.
Doesn't sound compressed to me, (but then I tend to go overboard with it :dog:). Would have increased the volume of the choir, if I had done this - I love choirs, sampled or real.
A :tu: ,
which is good for me, because I've been in a very critical mood for the last few months - can't listen to most things without being overly, and mostly unjustly, critical. ( :evil: ) S'why I don't post much opinion here.

fastlanephil wrote:
layzer wrote:its a nice merry tune, not being a floor stompin dance tune, not sure i would
Thanks for the feed back!

No compression but I think it could use more separation, mostly with the choir and strings. Probably make the second part of the first section a little quieter for dynamic contrast, huh. I also own LASS but it's really time consuming to work with.

Have a nice holiday also!
listening again at a lower volume, it is not as loud as i first thought. but looking at the
soundcloud graphic representation you can see it really has no peaks and valleys.
to me that lacks dynamic range. no biggie, still sounds good :wink:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Googly Smythe wrote:Indeed, a pleasant listen (in the nicest possible way!), a nice break from the usual hurly-burly.
Doesn't sound compressed to me, (but then I tend to go overboard with it :dog:). Would have increased the volume of the choir, if I had done this - I love choirs, sampled or real.
A :tu: ,
which is good for me, because I've been in a very critical mood for the last few months - can't listen to most things without being overly, and mostly unjustly, critical. ( :evil: ) S'why I don't post much opinion here.
Glad you enjoyed it! I'll try more choir also. I like this song but I think maybe it could use some more sparkle.

There's nothing wrong with helpful criticism that also encourages someone. If you personally can't find any sort of redeeming value in someone's music then there isn't much to say.

Very nice song, indisputably true to the Christmas spirit, as child would feel it.
Appropriate arrangement
Good.

Cheers

fastlanephil wrote:[... If you can't find any sort of redeeming value in someone's music then there isn't much to say.. .
This is my problem, and I am sorry for bringing it into your thread. My bad. :tu:
Still liking your track.

Here's a new and improved(I think) version of my song. I added cc1 to the strings(duh) and added some tremolo on the strings and also added separate cello and bass tracks with some pizzicato. Other minor tweaks.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/oh- ... s-season-1

This is such a treat! Can almost smell the Christmas pud! :hyper:
(Still want more choir! :D )

I preferred the newer version. The mix seems to have more definition and clarity. The choir is more to the fore. This definitely has the Christmas vibes and the melody is quite catchy. Most enjoyable.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I preferred the newer version. The mix seems to have more definition and clarity. The choir is more to the fore. This definitely has the Christmas vibes and the melody is quite catchy. Most enjoyable.

Good work :)
Thanks!

25% inspiration and 75% perspiration as they say. :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”