Subway to Saturn

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/subway-to-saturn

First post on Sound Cloud for over 6 months!!!

Initial atmosphere created with various Reaktor synths and manipulated field recordings...including the London Underground!

Main sections use various sound sources:
Kontakt 5 libraries such as EPICA and CELESTIA
Various REAKTOR Synths, particularly PRISM and KONTOUR
SYNTHMASTER VST

Mastered using various Voxengo products + Izotope Ozone + TeslaSE and FerricTDS from Variety of Sound.

There is nothing about this that I don't like. Great sounds, transitions, and a strong Vangelis vibe throughout. Powerful stuff. Great mix too.

Good work :)

I love that atmosphere at the beginning.. and the effect used on that radio comms sample that weaves in and out. Thanks for sharing :-)

subway to saturn to saturn sky :D

we both like saturn I guess.

Good tune! very broody

@seismic1:
I'm glad you liked the mix...it was a damn nightmare with so many layers of sound in there at times!

@sazb30: Thank you for the feedback. Just about everything in the beginning atmosphere went through Reaktor in some way, shape or form.

@Jesse Gorter: I was very slow with your 'Saturn Sky' comment until I had a 'doh!' moment and went to your Soundcloud...A lighter take on the ringed planet, although with a darker edge in certain sections.

seismic1 wrote:There is nothing about this that I don't like. Great sounds, transitions, and a strong Vangelis vibe throughout. Powerful stuff. Great mix too.

Good work :)
Says it all.
Good job! :tu:

Great atmospheric sounds at the beginning and end. Turns into a good IDM cut. It sounds like you put much work into this and it payed off.

:tu:

@Googly (may I call you 'Googly'...a little forward, I know):
Thank you - much appreciated.

@fastlanephil:
Cheers for the feedback.

This one was quite a lot of work - I've just looked at the start date and it was over a year ago!!! For some reason I was never able to put it all together at the time and abandoned it after a few weeks...looking back at the files saved, I had 4 completely different beginnings / ends sketched out!!!

Rediscovered it 10 days ago and this time it all seemed to go a little more smoothly.

ChamMusic wrote:@seismic1:
I'm glad you liked the mix...it was a damn nightmare with so many layers of sound in there at times!

@sazb30: Thank you for the feedback. Just about everything in the beginning atmosphere went through Reaktor in some way, shape or form.

@Jesse Gorter: I was very slow with your 'Saturn Sky' comment until I had a 'doh!' moment and went to your Soundcloud...A lighter take on the ringed planet, although with a darker edge in certain sections.
:D

liking your music, keep it up!

Return to “Music Cafe”