Into the Alien City (Hybrid Orchestral)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

Here is the latest entry in my ongoing exoplanets project. This one is mostly but not strictly orchestral - it has some synth sounds as well, courtesy of NI's Reaktor. As always, your comments and critiques are much appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/davidstiles/into-the-alien-city

Very nice ! I love all the choirs and alien vocals.
Smooth production and mix
This vibe reminds me of Solaris - Martian Chronicles II, at times, but there is more orchestral work here.
Just fine

Cheers

Fabulous David! You have lots of great sounds on this. Interesting how you have mixed the orchestral and synths. It must work, as until I read your comment above I hadn't noticed that you did so. I was just listening to the music and enjoying it...
:)
Well done!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Another hit.
But was that a dance beat at 2:54?!?!? :o
:tu:

Great stuff sir, excellent production all around. i too liked the synth/orchestral mix. not expected but effective
to keep the interest. good job :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Another accomplished and inventive piece. The blend of synths, vocals, and classical elements is seamless. This piece has a more modern feel than some of your pure orchestral works. The mix is very good. Excellent job. :tu:

Thanks very much for your comments, Laguna Rising, Allomerus, Ayorinde, lazyer and Frantz! And I'm glad you liked it!

@Laguna Rising - I hadn't previously heard of Solaris - Martian Chronicles II, but I just looked it up and I do see what you mean. I'll have to give that a longer listen.

@Allomerus and @layzer - I'm particularly glad to hear that you felt that the orchestral and synth sounds blended well - I've had some difficulties with that in the past.

@ Ayorinde - Yes, guilty. :) I'm afraid that is a dance beat.

@Frantz - I'm glad to hear that you react to this piece as a bit more modern in feel than my pure orchestral work - that's also something I've been trying to work toward.

Great storytelling on here, and the synths aren't out of place. They blend in with the mood of the piece in an unobtrusive way. The different sections convey a sense of action and movement. Were it my piece, I might be tempted to use some more "exotic" percussion elements during those sections to accentuate the extraordinary events taking place in the musical narrative.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Great storytelling on here, and the synths aren't out of place. They blend in with the mood of the piece in an unobtrusive way. The different sections convey a sense of action and movement. Were it my piece, I might be tempted to use some more "exotic" percussion elements during those sections to accentuate the extraordinary events taking place in the musical narrative.

Good work :)
Thank you, seismic1! That's an interesting thought. I think, at times, that I've tended to shy away from the percussion session out of fear that I might go too far and overload the piece with percussion. But yes, in this case, I can see the case for maybe putting more in.

Cool! well done music. nice composition and variable arrangement.
Good orchestration and mix. Sounds good ..Great job.

Very "Pro", incl production values. I don't know why I critiqued the music on the other one, I stay away from it usu.

But this is your Hollywood sound! totally

Thanks markkuja and jancivil! Glad you enjoyed it.

@jancivil - Actually, I was glad to receive your criticism on the other track. It made me think critically about the back half of the track in an interesting and useful sort of way. I'm going to be giving all of these exoplanet tracks another run of tweaks before I'm done with them, so any and all feedback is very helpful.

Return to “Music Cafe”