Cosmos Running a Monte Carlo Simulation

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

An experimental ambient thingy piece I put together this evening. Feeling somewhat philosophical these days. Feel free to have a listen.

id Submerged

https://soundcloud.com/idsubmerged/id-s ... simulation

Nice vibe! The mood is definetely very tranquil and dreamy and it has a very 60s/70s mood. I'm not sure what the name stands for, but a Syd Mead-style sleep pod came to mind when I listened to it.

Right now it's a bit in-your-face, when it could benefit from a bit more laid back sound and feeling of space (as in reverb). So a little more reverb and EQ-ing to ease it, I'd say. Maybe soften the instrumentals a bit.

It's a cool piece (accidentally wrote peace at first :clap: ) nevertheless.

Aryaroman thanks for listening and great feedback. I hear you regarding Eq-ing and reverb and I totally agree with you. There is room for improvements here.

As for the name I envision various outcomes/versions for our cosmos meaning similar to how a Monte Carlo Simulation work. The chaotic parts resemble the kind of monte carlo simulation and the parts in between resemble the the monte carlo simulation outcomes meaning various cosmoses. Maybe the cosmos we live in is just a random outcome from a monte carlo simulation done by giants or something. :tu:

id Submerged

Also if you listen carefully you will notice a sample I recorded on my Zoom H2 many years ago. By adding this my idea was that one of these random results created our world - kind of... hehe

idSubmerged wrote:Aryaroman thanks for listening and great feedback. I hear you regarding Eq-ing and reverb and I totally agree with you. There is room for improvements here.

As for the name I envision various outcomes/versions for our cosmos meaning similar to how a Monte Carlo Simulation work. The chaotic parts resemble the kind of monte carlo simulation and the parts in between resemble the the monte carlo simulation outcomes meaning various cosmoses. Maybe the cosmos we live in is just a random outcome from a monte carlo simulation done by giants or something. :tu:

id Submerged
Psychedelic stuff. :lol:

Retro vibe
A psycho-ambient organ recital

I like it. Cool stuff indeed

Cheers

If Quake had been a walking simulator instead of a shooter, this might've been a good background track for it ;-)

The organ drones and erratic/swampy sounds remind me of some of the tonal spaces Trent Reznor created for Quake, but your piece is far brighter; more 2001 "travel through the star gate" psychedelica than Quake "monster combat and threats of imminent death around the next corner". :-D

Either way, this is what comes to my mind when people use the term "ambient".

No, I have no constructive feedback :lol:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Music Cafe”