(All I Want Is To Be) Happy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Enjoyable chill-out material! I think you did a very nice job of coming up with a track to fit those vocal samples.

So... how long was the long version? ;)

davidstiles wrote:...So... how long was the long version? ;)
Don't ask! :D
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ayorinde wrote:
davidstiles wrote:...So... how long was the long version? ;)
Don't ask! :D
What you hear is essentially the second part. There was about 4 minutes in a kind of ambient mood, no bass or drums, then a guitar solo, then mostly what you hear now, so about 13 minutes. The sample "All I want to be is happy" kind of hypnotised me. :shrug: :tu:

Great song. It has an interesting chord progression and a great vibe!

thenumber23 wrote:Great song. It has an interesting chord progression and a great vibe!
Many thanks. I appreciate it. :tu:

Uploaded a finished version - not much difference, just a little bit less bass, and marginally less limiting.

I have also uploaded the first part of this song, which I diched for "artistic" reasons. It's a re-worked edit.
I've put the link in the 1st post, as well as here. For the full effect, you should play them one after the other for about 2 hours... Just kidding.

Happy - The Ambient Edit

Very cool! I just had a happy accident - I was listening to your Ambient edit in SoundCloud while also listening to the beginning of a DJ podcast Electronic Explorations #437, and I swear I was hearing some lost Underworld track. I can upload a mashup if you want to hear it.

thenumber23 wrote:Very cool! I just had a happy accident - I was listening to your Ambient edit in SoundCloud while also listening to the beginning of a DJ podcast Electronic Explorations #437, and I swear I was hearing some lost Underworld track. I can upload a mashup if you want to hear it.
Scary! Go for it! :tu:

I sent you a PM with a link.

thenumber23 wrote:I sent you a PM with a link.
Thanks. I downloaded it to keep - it's really rather good! :party: :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”