【electro/folk 】 "take it for granted"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/balans-269097943 ... or-granted

Hope you like it! I expect the mix is good enough so as to hear it without losing audition during the playing

this is nothing short of fascinating. some first observations: this thing has groove! I can't place all the musical influences, my uninformed mind would call it a spanish-balkan-irish hybrid...and there's orchestral accompaniments that fit incredibly well. The track is pretty relentless in keeping the groove going straight forward, but there's great variations along the way, different instrumental leads, slight melodic variations, never gets boring. Along or under all this is an electro-track. I can hear some of the typical basses,etc. but this is somehow hidden 'under' the mix. Which brings me to the sonics of this...I feel the whole arrangement is so accomplished that I expect a sort of lush, wide, sparkling, 'Airbrushed' modern EDM vibe to go with it. This is how this track does not sound... It doesn't sound bad either. Just very strange, in the sense of interesting.
I can't put the finger on it exactly, maybe you can share a bit of of your work process. One thing that becomes apparent at the very end that there is an uncharacteristic amount of reverb on the drums? Maybe this in combination with the very busy mix creates a sort of subdued, veiled atmosphere. Finally, I think the title is great. I'd be very interested to hear more of your approach in producing this.

phoenstorm wrote:this is nothing short of fascinating. some first observations: this thing has groove! I can't place all the musical influences, my uninformed mind would call it a spanish-balkan-irish hybrid...and there's orchestral accompaniments that fit incredibly well. The track is pretty relentless in keeping the groove going straight forward, but there's great variations along the way, different instrumental leads, slight melodic variations, never gets boring. Along or under all this is an electro-track. I can hear some of the typical basses,etc. but this is somehow hidden 'under' the mix. Which brings me to the sonics of this...I feel the whole arrangement is so accomplished that I expect a sort of lush, wide, sparkling, 'Airbrushed' modern EDM vibe to go with it. This is how this track does not sound... It doesn't sound bad either. Just very strange, in the sense of interesting.
I can't put the finger on it exactly, maybe you can share a bit of of your work process. One thing that becomes apparent at the very end that there is an uncharacteristic amount of reverb on the drums? Maybe this in combination with the very busy mix creates a sort of subdued, veiled atmosphere. Finally, I think the title is great. I'd be very interested to hear more of your approach in producing this.
First of all, thanks for listening and replying. It really has a lot of influences, but basically the line melody is hispanic-inspired; the other feelings might be a result of the instruments I've used on it. The whole song has been composed and produced in just over 48 hours and did not have too many pretensions to be the next song of the summer (LOL), so I had not many time/intention to give that "bang" you're missing on the track. Anyway I take note! And of course it would never hurt if I had developed a little more the spirit "electro" appart than adding a regular baseline, you're right.

So as to the atmosphere you were talking about, yes, it sure sounds like this because of an excesive reverberation (my bad, i've been using the "era ii" plugin since a very short time and, ka-bam). It doesn't sound the way I expected when I started the project, but i didn't disliked it when i heard the final mix. I will keep on working, though.

Glad you liked it and thanks for the time!

Return to “Music Cafe”