Castelseprio: electronica/chillout--linux Briandc

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,
one of my first attempts at posting a song here, so apologies if I don't get all the track info in the right place. :)

A song I did using ZynaddsubFX (Yoshimi), Calf plugins, Synthv1 and TyrellN6. The file is in flac format, if your browser can handle it: Castelseprio

Or, on Soundcloud here:
Briandc-Castelseprio

brian
Tired of Windows? Linux offers hundreds of good distros. For more info:
DistroWatch
Some good synths for linux: www.linuxsynths.com

There are some nice melodic ideas here. Reminds me of 70s electronic music - early Kraftwerk, Cluster & Eno.

Nice playing throughout. I think gradually adding drums would add interest. The mix could be a lot clearer.

Quite pleasant overall. :)

Thank you for the useful comments. As I needed to do something quite lengthy (for a video), the lead sound seemed to lend well to a type of "call-reply"-type of movement, and I wanted to experiment with that. In the end, there were some interesting intervals that I hadn't expected.
Drums would be a consideration, but I would probably put something light and non-invasive, not aggressive.
Another thought was to change keys; or perhaps add a few extra effects, to create variation.

Thanks for listening! :) :)

brian
DistroWatch

As Frantz has already noted, there are nice melodic lines on here, and the synths sound very good. I think Yoshimi has imparted this track with its pleasing trademark sounds. An occasional key change would probably be a good idea, and if you were to decide to add drums/percussion, they should certainly be light and not "get in the way". A very pleasant listen.

Good work :)

Thanks seismic1. Yes, Yoshimi was used for the rich string-voice pad in the background; tyrell N6 was used for the "rhythm" in the background; synthv1 was used for the lead.
Together with key changes, some other ways to create movement are in mind: effects, change of instruments, a "b" section, etc..

Thanks again for listening! :)

brian
DistroWatch

Return to “Music Cafe”