Genetic Prank - psytrance track made with Virus TI

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While exploring my brand new machine I came up with this track

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/genetic-prank

137 bpm progressive psy, almost 100% Virus
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Very nice, commercial track quality and arrangement. Did you use total control or just sequence the parts?

I also got a TI recently (second hand, rack) and have been amazed how good it sounds and how easy it is to use (especially with total control that just seems to work for me!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Thanks! I sequenced and recorded everything with the vsti plugin, it works stable here. I've got Snow, so I had to bounce each part into audio before sequencing the next one, but in studio one this is very convenient, I can't say the workflow is much worse compared to native plugins. Thing is that I did almost no external processing, except for reverb, delay and hipassing, all you hear is basically raw sound from the virus

great production. psytrance can be kinda boring, but theres so many cool sounds i sat through the whole thing.
and congrats on scoring a Snow, beautiful machine. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:great production. psytrance can be kinda boring, but theres so many cool sounds i sat through the whole thing.
Thanks! :)
layzer wrote:.
and congrats on scoring a Snow, beautiful machine. :tu:
It is! In fact it quickly became my main synth, I'm feeling guilty for almost never touching my other synths now.

Return to “Music Cafe”