A downpour in 2 movements

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Beautiful background music that refuses to stay in the background and demands to be heard! Fabulous playing and interesting sounds!
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks, glad you like it.

I think it is interesting how people listen to music and I think different types of music work in different zones, I have never thought of what I make as background music, and dislike using the term ambient, but neither is it necessarily foreground music either, I think it sort of sits in the transition zone between full attention and background awareness so what you describe is pretty accurate, I wanted something that enables a transaction between different levels of awareness, I've always been more interested in in-between states than absolute ones.

This is wonderful, both organic and intriguing.
You should do an entire CD working on variations of this style.

I like how the instruments are clear and uncluttered, especially given the kinetic nature of the parts.

Also liked the art work, did you do that as well?

Yep - all the artwork on my Soundcloud site is mine (that one is a watercolour sketch in Painter)

thanks

I've been listening to this whilst surfing KVR. It's a great piece for just playing as a background accompaniment to this type of activity. I assume that this is a sampled piano, but some of the processing gave the mids a sound not unlike the EP-70. The old '80s nostalgia thing.

Good work :)

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks, glad you like it.

I think it is interesting how people listen to music and I think different types of music work in different zones, I have never thought of what I make as background music, and dislike using the term ambient, but neither is it necessarily foreground music either, I think it sort of sits in the transition zone between full attention and background awareness so what you describe is pretty accurate, I wanted something that enables a transaction between different levels of awareness, I've always been more interested in in-between states than absolute ones.
Then you have achieved your goal! It has a certain evenness with a spiky inventiveness. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”