Maximumjack - Blue Bricks

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Press release - Feb 8th 2016

Originally titled “Blue Urinal Bricks” (hastily retitled to the more gender inclusive “Blue Bricks”) the latest offering from musical mensch Maximumjack sees a return to his roots as a creator of willfully obtuse song writing. Not content with making the song only 2 minutes long (sloth can be a great motivator), the Brunswick, Maine resident and father of 2 tampers with the notion of song structure by failing to abide by the rules of polite society with a verse - instrumental verse - verse - chorus composition - an aural “f**k you” to those who insist that good songwriting can be learned from books, or pamphlets about good songwriting.

So go ahead and spend 2 minutes that you might have otherwise used for cutting your toenails, or emptying the cat litter and listen to Blue Bricks. It might just be worthwhile.

https://soundcloud.com/maximumjack/blue-bricks

Hey you're still around and your music is still so nicely produced, congrats man!

Yep. Still pottering around in the 'studio'. Slightly less room to maneuver these days but I keep trying.

Thanks for listening.

Paul

Not as hooky as some earlier stuff, but nicely done. Glad you're still around.

Nicely put together, both in terms of the music and the production. It took me a couple of plays to acclimatise, but this is a very pleasant piece of music. I reckon the slightly unorthodox structure works very well.

Good work :)

Good on you for not following all the rules, this is a pleasant trip and a well spent two minutes. Vocals and piano are my favourite parts. Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”