epiphaneia : how tenderly the world collapses [ orchestral ]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is what I came up with after playing around with my electric orchestra throughout the last weekend :

https://soundcloud.com/epiphaneia/how-t ... -variation

As always, I´m grateful for honest and constructive feedback.
Thanks for listening! :phones:

It sounds good. It would work fine as a movie score. However, the ascending pattern of notes that the piece is built on repeats without variation throughout and so it feels a bit static if I listen carefully.

Frantz wrote:It sounds good. It would work fine as a movie score. However, the ascending pattern of notes that the piece is built on repeats without variation throughout and so it feels a bit static if I listen carefully.
Thanks!

Do you mean specific sequences (the piano? the high marcato strings?) or generally the fact that the harmony remains constant throughout the whole piece?

It sounds like pretty decent soundtrack music. I would change the ending though. Instead of going to the quiet cello and other stringed instrument at that point, maybe up it with more powerful chords and a aggressive hit on the first beat of the measure or something like that. Let that ring out a bit and then quiet it down with the cello for a trail off.

epiphaneia wrote:or generally the fact that the harmony remains constant throughout the whole piece?
The constant harmony gives it a static feeling.

This would make a great piece of OST music. It's got epic/dramatic/sad/uplifting vibes aplenty, and could possible be used in other situations too. My favourite part was when the choir and strings came in at 1:38.

Good work :)

Thanks for listening and the helpful feedback, guys! :phones:
fastlanephil wrote:It sounds like pretty decent soundtrack music. I would change the ending though. Instead of going to the quiet cello and other stringed instrument at that point, maybe up it with more powerful chords and a aggressive hit on the first beat of the measure or something like that. Let that ring out a bit and then quiet it down with the cello for a trail off.
Good point, actually I was trying to achieve a better transition towards the end, but during the last 16 bars I was pretty much in full force-mode already, with choir, horns, multiple string layers, and big percussion. I do, however, have another version where the more powerful part is extended for 8 more bars (minus melody) at the expense of the slow ending; let´s see if I get around to uploading it.
Frantz wrote:The constant harmony gives it a static feeling.
Hmm, true, I reckon I´ve been taking my "8 bar sequence" preference over to this orchestral piece. I´ll have an eye on that with the next one!
seismic1 wrote:This would make a great piece of OST music. It's got epic/dramatic/sad/uplifting vibes aplenty, and could possible be used in other situations too. My favourite part was when the choir and strings came in at 1:38. Good work :)
Thanks! 8) Actually, I tried to achieve that mood transition from "melancholic" to "uplifting"/"encouraging" to "serene", as this was written for and in a special situation in my current personal life, and for someone very special (who, am I lucky? loves that piece a lot :D )

Return to “Music Cafe”