Another angry punk song from herodotus

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another loop package means another chance to bang my head and blast my throat out.

I literally can't talk right now.

Consider yourself warned ;)

Black Sunday

The drums sound great. I hear hints of Agnostic Front (kinda thrash, kinda hardcore). The vocals remind me of Page Hamilton.
Thanks for sharing!

That kicks @ss. You rock, sir!

justin3am wrote:The drums sound great.
The praise of the praiseworthy is beyond all rewards.

I may quote you on that (if you don't mind, that is), what with you being a real live card carrying member of the AES and all. I am trying to get my online drum recording service off of the ground, and every testimonial helps.
I hear hints of Agnostic Front (kinda thrash, kinda hardcore).

Cool! Flattered!
The vocals remind me of Page Hamilton.
Even more flattered!

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for listening!

Frantz wrote:That kicks @ss.
I have been waiting for that exact remark for many years. Thanks!
You rock, sir!
I try. Balding head and all. ;)

One more bump before the inevitable fall to page 3

Much too short. This makes a lot of the '70s/'80s punk classics sound like entire concept albums. Great drums. The vox come across very well. This is a little reminiscent on NiN's "Wish", but the drums are mixed better here.

Good work :)
Last edited by seismic1 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

wunnerful.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

seismic1 wrote:Much too short. This makes a lot of the '70s/'80s punk classics sound like entire concept albums.
My first band was a ridiculous and not very good punk band called the Blu Hippos. We were 15 and doing sort of cute little songs with names like 'Don't step on my head'. But after leading off for Husker Du, we became obsessed with going fast and hardcore. Our sets eventually became so fast that we were going through 16 songs in less than 20 minutes.

Habit? Destiny? Coincidence?

Who knows?

:shrug:

:wink:
Great drums.
Thanks. I owe it all to Ethan Winer's detailed advice on the acoustical treatment of small rooms, and some luck, as described here.
The vox come across very well.

I am glad you feel this way. It was kind of do-or-die, because I had been sick for a week after I had finished these loops, and I had exactly one minute of hardcore screaming in me before my lungs gave out.
This is a little reminiscent on NiN's "Wish", but the drums are mixed better here.

Wow. Flattered. Really.

:D

whyterabbyt wrote:wunnerful.
Thanks!

Especially for the Lawrence Welk reference. ;)

New mix, less raw, more polished, less punk, and f$#k you if you don't like it, WANKER!!

Black Sunday Redux

The new mix is louder (not squashed), and I think there is more "space" in there too. The high frequencies are better represented. Reminds me of '70s Pink Floyd :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”