Need help guys (you producers specially)! (Not promo) I'm stuck

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there! I've got a problem with a track of mine. That song seems to be really nice to me but I understand there's something wrong with it (technically or musically) first of all cause everyone of hundreds labels didn't accept it. Could you please give me some feedback of what you think should be improved in it? I've not got anyone to ask to be frank. Thank you a lot in advance! Here's the track itself https://soundcloud.com/super-awesome-77 ... se/s-Bwr7D

Heya,

I like the track! In my opinion it lacks a little cohesion and "groove". You might think about adding some sidechaining to the lead to make it pump more. The climax just lacks a little "oomph" and the vocals seem a bit too random.

Hope this helps.

Thanks man, will double check

IMHO the track a little generic. The vocal is not original (have heard it before I think), and overused. The breakdown seems a bit flat when it should be "up". Not bad, just not anything special.

Did you really send it to "hundreds" of labels?

Yeah, when I looked through the amount of emails I've sent (individually) I was surprised myself. But anyway only about 50 of them even pressed play (thought thats because of low pop of myself).

thecontrolcentre wrote:IMHO the track a little generic. The vocal is not original (have heard it before I think), and overused. The breakdown seems a bit flat when it should be "up". Not bad, just not anything special.

Did you really send it to "hundreds" of labels?
Should admit it really is generic. But this time I wanted to write smth very simple and just melodic, and I thought I did it and really liked the harmony and how vocals work etc.
To be 100% frank, this track is house-version of mine old drumstep stuff, I liked the melody so much (2-nd drop) that wanted to recreate it in a simple-house variant. https://soundcloud.com/naymyname/help-im-a-dubstep

the impression that it sounds "generic" might have to do with the use of "ready made" stuff. How much of the song did you build on your own (sound-design on synths, vocals, melodies you played with a keyboard or other musical instrument, things you recorded with a mic etc.) and how much consists of loops, presets and pieces that were already there?
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

Septimon wrote:the impression that it sounds "generic" might have to do with the use of "ready made" stuff. How much of the song did you build on your own (sound-design on synths, vocals, melodies you played with a keyboard or other musical instrument, things you recorded with a mic etc.) and how much consists of loops, presets and pieces that were already there?
Melody - 3 layers of M1 and some ambience from massive (melody itself was written by me)
Samples - only one-shots (and 4 vocal phrases).
I think the song is about 80% "mine"

Return to “Music Cafe”