[ninjam] "Questions to these Answers"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

20151003-0911-edit01-pljones-notMe-flip
It's rare to get a vocalist in a jam session - you have to be able to throw ideas out there in response to what you're taking in. notMe does a great job working with just flip's guitar and my drumming, in this very punk-meets-psychedelia track. It's also nice to have vocals as it's a source for a track title! :)

As is often the case, lots of cleaning up was applied to the "real instruments". notMe, due to the open mic for vocals, needed quite a bit of work... and even then I managed to leave his coughs in! (Sorry!) High and low pass filtering also applied to clean things a bit. All tracks normalised to -6dB after appropriate compression and a little further adjustment then applied during the mix. Maybe I should have narrowed the stereo width on the drums? (If I'd had the original MIDI, which isn't recorded by ReaNINJAM as it's only seeing the audio, I could have fixed the bass tom...) Mastering included some more high and low pass filtering and a touch of compression before normalising to just under 0dB.

Return to “Music Cafe”