30 tracks in 30 days challenge

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I started a 30 day Challenge about a month ago - in which the goal was to create 30 tracks in 30 days. Thought I'd update you with some lessons from the experience.

The 30th of September was the last planned day and am really excited to report that we made it :D 30 tracks finished before 20pm every day. It was really an amazing and challenging experience - both from a personal as well as a producer perspective.

Here are some findings along the way:
* The challenging part was the need to deliver daily. It made me (I think) sleep pretty badly and on those days it was difficult to be creative and deliver. Then in the end of the day you have to put something out that you're not satisfied with. :scared:
* On the other hand - it was a lot of fun. The combination of a creative process limited by a certain timeframe creates boundaries that make it both challenging, fun and help you stop messing around with minutiae.
* The feedback and response is the thing that keeps you going. It is also something really looking forward to on the end of the day.
* The learning curve was steep, really steep. I think I've learned more these 30 days than in the last year. Every day you complete the whole process from the beginning to the end so you learn every part of creating a track.
* So in the end 30 tracks were finished. I'll choose 4 of them to further improve the next weeks/ months and try to get them released onto an EP. I think this is a better strategy than to write 4 tracks in a whole month.

I've made a 2 min compilation with music and screenshots of the project along the way so you can see how the projects change:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8XG98aRP-g

Full length tracks:
https://soundcloud.com/flaes/sets/30-days-of-tracks

Really curious what you think. Feedback, tips and questions are of course much appreciated!

Have a great day :love:

Cheers,
Bas

Return to “Music Cafe”