Another one of those late 80's-early 90's soundtracks(ish)...I'm stuck, really.. :)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

here's my latest work on another attempt on late 80's-early 90's soundtrack(ish)...Hope you guys can still enjoy it :D

Here are the links to:

Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/distance

and soundclick:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13198573

Comments and critics are always welcome..

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Hello Adi,

your instrumental "distance" is fun to listen to. It reminds
me of "Ten Sharp" in the nineties.

andy enroe.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

@enroe: cheers,mate,many thanks for listening :)

I really like it. It would definitely fit right into a soundtrack of the era that you mentioned. Pretty much every characteristic feature of the era is there - including the wailing guitar solo about 2/3rds of the way through. Parts of it remind me of the film score work of David Foster from the 80s.

I'm not sure why you call it an "attempt," though. I think you got it pretty much exactly right!

@davidstiles: Many thanks for your kind comment, much appreciated! :D And indeed I'm really influenced by David Foster, so you can definitely hear his style in some of my music, especially those having the 80's-90's flavor :) on the "attempt" part, well, probably it's just me being insecure, haha..! :D

Cheers!
Adi/Thedeadsoul

nice work....and keep it up. I'm of the opinion that well written music never becomes dated...they just become classics and always cherished.

frank

Your musicianship is excellent. Great work!
A well-behaved signature.

@frank and @JerGoetz: cheers,many thanks guys,much appreciated! I will try to keep on making this kind of music,it has a special place in me.. :)

Well I think you nailed the vibe as my first thought within the first ten seconds...

"Our next skate will be couples and backwards skaters only"

:)

I dig it. Melodically it fits right there with things like Tender Love, one moment in time, etc... Well done man. The keyboard playing here is really stellar

@shadoe42: cheers,mate,many thanks for kind comment..! Glad you can relate :D

bravo! this was a joy to listen to... good song, good production. no complaints from me, except maybe its missing Whitney Houston vocals. haha she needs work right? good work! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

The '80s are back. Did they ever really go away? Great dynamics, Nailed it again, Adi.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”