The Bedgebury Hills (DELETED)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(DELETED)
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

It sounds like David Sancious jamming with Jean Luc Ponty's band in the early '80s, but I can't help thinking that it sounds just a tad harsh - maybe there's a little too much limiter/compressor action going on. Apart from that minor quibble I really enjoyed this.

Good work :)

Cool little Hot Rats/Roxy and Elsewhere ditty.
Worth working on some more I think.
Guess you know, but like seismic said, does sound too hot and overly rats.(harsh)
What`s this Kantata...something coming soon?
EDIT - Got it. :lol:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

some of the lead parts just seem too loud, kind of like when a vocalist doesn't sit well in the mix. not liking the tone of the snare very much either. it has a very AM radio quality to it. i think a snare with less midrange would have worked better. in all, a good jazzy jam!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for listening, guys! I'll turn down the treble next time... Aah, these ears of mine;)

Nice track Ayorinde! Great happy vibe. Agree it's a bit harsh. Could do with a bit more bass too.
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

confirmed. everything everyone is saying about what they hear is visualized with the spec analyzer.
its like the slant of the ideal curve is reversed. interesting because the slant is fairly linear, just backwards!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Like I say, I'm over-compensating for my ears - nothing over 10khz using Cubase's tone generator. :( When I ask for opinions from friends and family all I get is "yeah, it's sounds great!" - too afraid to criticise, I suppose. :wink:
I'll use an analyser a bit more to keep it under control.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen and comment, mucho appreciated! :D

annode wrote:...What`s this Kantata...something coming soon?
Yeah, I've got in a bit of a state with this one. The middle section where I was going to have a guitar solo - I wanted to record a real solo, not Shreddage (which I use a lot) but the chord changes were to much for my head to get around! So I shifted things around and added some new chords, and now it sounds like Goldfinger! Gawd! Maybe I should just go for it. :D

Ayorinde wrote:
annode wrote:...What`s this Kantata...something coming soon?
Yeah, I've got in a bit of a state with this one. The middle section where I was going to have a guitar solo - I wanted to record a real solo, not Shreddage (which I use a lot) but the chord changes were to much for my head to get around! So I shifted things around and added some new chords, and now it sounds like Goldfinger! Gawd! Maybe I should just go for it. :D
The LOL emoticon was me laughing at my memory. I saw that I had already
listened to and made comments on Kantata. Hope it wasn`t mistaken as something else. :oops:

Suggestion: Maybe create a 'compensating' permanent EQ stage in your output which will be set so it corrects for your particular hearing curve, as you monitor?
Maybe run a slow ascending sine through it and adjust the EQ to your ears as it rises. White/pink noise in addition maybe.
Save the .fsp and drop it in your output stage before each project.
Mix through it, but mute it when you render.

I made one once to correct for a boomy room.
I know I didn`t need to spell it out for you Antony, you're clearly tech savvy...but wanted all other readers to understand me.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Even us tech savvy types ( :D ) can learn from a good tip. I'm a bit busy at the moment but I'll try it at the weekend, maybe post a re-mixed version next week.

PS I'm liking all the feedback on this - I'll put it into practice on new projects.

Return to “Music Cafe”