Hivemind [progressive breaks]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/hivemind

An experiment with broken beats and wide delayed synths.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thanks! I enjoyed that and look forward to listening to the rest of your SC projects. Maybe list the synths used?
바보

bftucker, thank you for listening! :)

The synhs are:

Sylenth: the delayed/filtered chords
Diva: the arpeggiated sequences in the middle
Spire: the bass and the chord sequence in the breakdown
Dune2: the chord sequence in the middle, and the delayed chord stab in the intro and outro patrts
Zebra, Saurus, Harmor, Massive, TAL Bassline-101: some random sweeps and squelches here and there
Absynth: background atmospheres.

So, I've used almost all my synths on this one :)

You have some very cool sounding synths RC! I think the title is very apt for this track. It sound great and suits the title perfectly. Well done! :)
Awesome reverb what ever it is.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Synth ear candy! Yummy. :phones:

It's a little a unfocused at almost 10 minutes but it sounds so cool I hung in there for the whole thing. In fact, I'll give it another listen. :)

Thank you, guys! :)

Funny thing with the title, when I had the first synthline and a draft beat, I already knew that it will be called 'Hivemind" (I usually struggle to find a song title that would be somehow related to the song itself or at least wouldn't sound stupid).

May be unfocused ... That's a genre, kind of beat-driven ambient, this time I decided to go without a prominent melody.

The reverb is Valhalla Vintage Verb, I use this one in 95% cases.

Nice drums, really enjoyed that this song goes quite a bit of different places. I like a little bit of a sonic journey

Diva and zebra...but for some reason I expected Hive as well.

:)
바보

recursive one wrote:Thank you, guys! :)

Funny thing with the title, when I had the first synthline and a draft beat, I already knew that it will be called 'Hivemind" (I usually struggle to find a song title that would be somehow related to the song itself or at least wouldn't sound stupid).

May be unfocused ... That's a genre, kind of beat-driven ambient, this time I decided to go without a prominent melody.

The reverb is Valhalla Vintage Verb, I use this one in 95% cases.
Sounds great, no wonder you use it a lot! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Codestation, thanks for your feedback! :)

bftucker, yep, I should have added a disclaimer that this song contains no Hive. :D I don't have Hive, it's a fine synth (and I love U-he), but there is too much overlap with my Sylenth and Diva.

Great sounds all the way through, my favourite part was between 3:08 and 7:00 when the piece really came together, with the gated synth and the sequenced synth sitting over the top of the pleasing chord sequence.

Good work :)

Very good job
I like the point 7.06 ! :tu:

Thnak you mates! Glad that you like it :)

Return to “Music Cafe”