Dangerous Orange | SKIER

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First new track from me in a while ...

https://soundcloud.com/dangerousorange/skier

It's for a short abstract film by a friend of mine. Made in Live 9 using Vember Audio Surge, AD Replicant, a couple of my drum and percussion loops and lots of randomization ... and PUSH. :)

I`ve been a listener of minimalist electronics like this for many years. But i`m not exactly sure why this isn`t working for me. If I put it into an min-electro genre I can say it doesn`t hold onto a groove. As minimalist experimental electronics, that doesn`t work for me `cause there`s a distracting, varying beat throughout the piece.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Thanks for your comments annode ... I wasn't really trying to fit into any genre. The track just kind of "arrived" after watching some video clips. The "distracting" beat is possibly the live hand percussion panned over to the left (?).

interesting. production is good, i got a kind of a children's saturday morning cartoon vibe off of it.
so if the film is geared for a child audience, it should work...it also kinda sounds like 80's arcade
game music
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for your comment layzer ... especially on the production. The film is an abstract piece involving water, paint and unusual camera angles. It's more for chill-out spaces than kids, altho' I think kids might like it too. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”