Latest House track-Looking for some feedback please guys

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone,
This is our latest track and we'd really appreciate any feedback we can get.
https://soundcloud.com/blusky/you-and-m ... ix/s-mJ6Nw

Thanks

Julz Blusky

Good groove. The mix sounds professional although there is a touch too much reverb for my tastes. I am sure people would dance to this. There is not enough variation to hold my interest for 7 minutes but I am not a fan of house.

this was a good dance type track, i enjoyed the various voice manipulations. good mix. agree with Frantz... it should have ended at 4:12 with some of the elements after that brought in sooner.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late replyand thank you both for taking the time to listen,I was in 2 minds as to the amount of reverb on certain sounds but had gone a bit ear blind after hearing it on repeat way too many times!!!
Thanks again for pretty much verifying what i suspected,as for the length of the track,it seems like it varies quite a bit depending on what sub genre of house you may be listening to.
I've noticed a couple of festival style EDM (for want of a better phrase!) tracks recently that have been under 4 minutes long so after being mixed at either end for a minute or so that leaves approx 2 mins,barely enough time to decide if its a good track and if you like it
Anyways thanks again for the tips

Julz

Mix is ok. I don't say good, because for me the voice gets drowned quite often from other sounds. Those parts also gave me the feeling, that the song is overcompressed. Sounded like there is not much room left anymore.

For this kind of electronic music I also found the track to be too long. 5:00 or 5:30 max is enough. But the song is definitely groovey and has nice melodies and a cool vibe.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Return to “Music Cafe”