Flashback80 - 80s electro

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a short one that came about while making some arp patches for Vstation.
https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/ramirez-flashback80

drums - RMiV
bass - OXE
subbass - Curve
pads - KLC M1
EPiano - EXT2 synthesizer/sampler
sweeps - Steinberg Model-E
arps - Novation Vstation

DAW - Energy XT2 2.7
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

:) Nice! Will check your soundcloud if you do more retro 80's style dance music, do you?

Great sounds Layzer. You have managed to get the sound of 80s synths with out them sounding cheezy! Really like the bass. The lead synth has a fabulous bright sound to it! Well done. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Very nice sounds with a flawless mix. It could be developed further although it is quite enjoyable as it stands. :phones: :tu:

I really liked the bass too. It has some pleasant harmonic properties, but that could be the pads talkin'. What is playing that rhythm guitar-like sound on here? It's good. This was a very enjoyable trip back in time.

Good work :)

Not bad! Drums could use a bit more 80ies touch, but I like it esp. when it breaks down :)

breakmixer wrote::) Nice! Will check your soundcloud if you do more retro 80's style dance music, do you?
thanks for the listen, yes... theres a cover of new order's blue monday in my SC you might enjoy as well 8)

Allomerus wrote:Great sounds Layzer. You have managed to get the sound of 80s synths with out them sounding cheezy! Really like the bass. The lead synth has a fabulous bright sound to it! Well done. :)
thanks for the play, John :)
theres 2 basses going on here. the Curve subbass that i layered under the M1 pads
and the FM bass from OXE, i'll asume you like both :D

the lead synth is a sound design experiment in which i took a the infamous Fairlight
breathy sample and layered it with a percussive "ping" i recorded myself in my kitchen striking
a wine glass with a fork! then i proceeded to create a EXT2 instrument out of the combined sounds. :D

It would fit in any Cyberpunk OST. Very nice atmosphere, reminds me of Alex Brandon. Also I'm glad, that you didn't use a Linn Drum or any other classic 80s drum machine. This gives your song a more cinematic feel.

In my opinion , this track doesn´t need Drums but good work. I Like the phaser effect. 8)

80s sound and a Highlander reference... sweet.

layzer wrote:
Allomerus wrote:Great sounds Layzer. You have managed to get the sound of 80s synths with out them sounding cheezy! Really like the bass. The lead synth has a fabulous bright sound to it! Well done. :)
thanks for the play, John :)
theres 2 basses going on here. the Curve subbass that i layered under the M1 pads
and the FM bass from OXE, i'll asume you like both :D

the lead synth is a sound design experiment in which i took a the infamous Fairlight
breathy sample and layered it with a percussive "ping" i recorded myself in my kitchen striking
a wine glass with a fork! then i proceeded to create a EXT2 instrument out of the combined sounds. :D
The whole piece is cool, but your work on the lead sound paid off--it kept my interest throughout, as did the effects and bass(es). Well done!
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

seismic1 wrote:I really liked the bass too. It has some pleasant harmonic properties, but that could be the pads talkin'. What is playing that rhythm guitar-like sound on here? It's good. This was a very enjoyable trip back in time.

Good work :)
thanks for the listen, Tim :)

hahaa the phazer guitar part is another borrowed riff loop. listen to the end of
new order's "round and round"!

Return to “Music Cafe”