Indeterminate outcomes - ambient-ish track by dysamoria

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/dysamoria/indeterminate-outcomes

I kept thinking it needed something more, so i didn't share it a week ago. I added some subtle "moreness" and I'm still not sure... but here it is.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I liked almost everything about this. The rhythm reminded me of the original Terminator theme, I liked the "windy" drone throughout the track, which reminded me of NIN. Nice synths too. I thought the piano sound could have been "bigger" or darker in places, although it seemed to improve by the end.

Good work :)

Thanks, Seismic1. I have a habit of making my songs climax with lots of energy, and I was intentionally trying to avert repeating myself. But I did habitually think to do something bigger with the piano.

The windy drone was actually a totally accidental recreation of the sound found in NIN "hurt". I wanted a drone, but wasn't aiming to get it to sound so much like an existing sound out there. My influence is certainly Trent Reznor, but I don't want to copy him. I'm not sure if it's a good thing for this sound to be so similar. (?)

Funny how stuff works out sometimes.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: I'm not sure if it's a good thing for this sound to be so similar. (?)
I think it works very well in this context.

I really liked it. Yeah, I can hear the Nine Inch Nails influence but that isn't a bad thing. The composition is strong and the mix sounds really good.

I don't think Trent Reznor was the first or last to do that droning-resonance-on-filtered-noise thing. It still sounds cool. :)

I enjoyed it. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”