Dreameditation (Ambient tribal / Prog rock hybrid)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

6:33 some really quiet bits and some loud bits, I like dynamic range in my stuff. Would like to know if it's too great of a difference though.

https://soundcloud.com/codestation/dreameditation

Finally actually used Diva (monosynth in the first chorus) for once. Ha ha, now I have a computer that can run it :lol: The rest of it is mostly electric guitar, Omnisphere, Alchemy. Oh yeah there's some Massive in there like twice.

I think the quieter sections make a great contrast with the louder parts. It sounded very good to me on my monitors with the volume set to a reasonable level. Is that Diva at 2:42? It sounds wonderful. All-round great choice of instrumentation and I loved the guitar.

Good work :)

It's interesting work, but I couldn't help feel, (hear) you've kind of got two/three track's spliced into one that's kind of slightly at odd's with itself, I get that the track is one of 'Parts' I like that, but Hmm, sticking with one or two of the ideas, would have maybe yielded a better result, a shame, because you obviously put lot's of effort.

Man, if I could play a guitar like that, I would be definitely be making it appear as my hook in every track. (well lot's of them anyway)

Good to see you have passion.

No one's going to be dreaming or meditating to that electric guitar stuff. Agree 100% with the above comment - make this two tracks. Loved the first part - very moody with excellent percussion.

good stuff mr. code

it had very good staying power. ie; kept me listening for whats next :)

i like the dynamic range, dont change a thing. enjoyed it to the end :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Love it just as it is. Contrasts work well for me.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Contrasts work well for me too; though the quieter parts are more to my taste, it all sounds good. I enjoyed it. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”